• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i said 12 lived and 1 died, i might have messed up...+

well that blows.
    sigpic

....?
    : : 1984 318i : : PNW E30 Crew : : Sold!!
    Now becoming the R3vlimited Pro3 car
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=93780

Comment

do you live in a hole?

Reuters

TALLMANSVILLE, West Virginia (Reuters) - Only one of 13 miners who were in a West Virginia coal mine when it was hit by an explosion was found alive, a company official told family members on Wednesday, after reports hours earlier that 12 had survived led to rejoicing.

Virginia Dean, whose uncle was in the mine, said, "Only one lived. They lied."

© Reuters 2006. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuters sphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group of companies around the world.
      Close This Window
      sigpic

Comment

that sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by e30sd
          do you live in a hole?
          No pun intended?
          Reminiscing...

Comment

yikes thats no good
            HDE30 <3

Comment

Shit man, it sucks but I've worked on a couple of similarly scaled rescues like that, and it is a well-intentioned clusterfuck! People are exhausted, desperate and want to believe the best. I can understand how someone saying "we found them" 2 miles below the surface could easily turn into "they found them-they're OK" topside. It still sucks, though. I'm sure they didn't mean to piss off those families and I'll bet the ones responsible feel absolutely horrible about it.

It takes great big hairy goat balls to go down in there in those mines every day.

Comment

waiting for blame to fall on bush....
                BEERTECH

Comment

^^lmao... it was a right wing plot to kill these people right?? morons in the media will spin it eventually...
                  PNW Crew
                  90 m3
                  06 m5

Comment

It's all BOOOSHES FAU'T

-Charlie
                    Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                    '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                    FYYFF

Comment

I'm sure someone will find a way to blame bush.

Comment

Of course its Bush's fault... it's his fault that we have global warming, which is why it thunderstormed in January, which caused the explosion (yes... I actually heard a 'news caster', a.k.a. fucking idiot, blame lightening and rain for the explosion). Majority of America voted for Bush though so although he might get crucified in the liberal media, I doubt this will really have an effect. People are such idiots...

I'm thinking that it was someone with a radio scanner. I'd bet money that someone was listening in heard "we found them, we need a stretcher" and took it as they were all alive. The mine company didn't even have a press conference for another 2 hrs. Then there is that fat toothless bitch saying "And for everyone who I'm sure wants to know, I do plan on sueing". Good for you bitch... that's really going to bring your husband back. Mining is a dangerous job that has gotten safer over the years, but its still fucking dangerous. That's why they get paid the kinda money I doubt I will ever see in my lifetime. And then the news is saying that the mine had 208 sitations this past year, and on the back page of the paper you see that the majority of them were clerical sitations (like not filling out a form correctly or submitting later than the due date). None of them were serious safety issues that could have caused this kind of accident.

I do feel for the family for their losses... I couldnt imagine loosing any member of my family.

Comment

West Virginia coal country - the jury will give them millions.

And of course it was Bush's fault.
                          Current Cars
                          2014 M235i
                          2009 R56 Cooper S
                          1998 M3
                          1997 M3

Comment

they should have NEVAR given you NigGars monEY!
                            sigpic

Comment

BEERTECH

Comment

Working...
                              X