Supermoto thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
    I currently have a mostly stock '05 DRZ400sm. The bike is fun as shit but I'm thinking about selling it to fund an RMZ 450 to tard out. Damn snow needs to go away so I can take it out to play.
    Go ride anyway ya waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles ( taken yesterday )

Better pic of the bike, Husky 08 610sm

Up on the Rubicon,

and the wife on her little KLX250sf learning the first basic stuff in the court out front.

Comment

Our roads look the exact opposite of your "snowy" adventure. Small patch of pavement surrounded by ice packed snow.

Comment

Our roads look the exact opposite of your "snowy" adventure. Small patch of pavement surrounded by ice packed snow.
        Like the couple of miles of slick as ice mud we were on to get to the "snow patch" It's a damn supermoto, fall, pick it up and go some more.

Comment

Meet Thor. He is a '99 Husaberg FS600

Comment

Originally posted by Pinepig View Post
            Like the couple of miles of slick as ice mud we were on to get to the "snow patch" It's a damn supermoto, fall, pick it up and go some more.
            Or fall, then not worry about picking it up because that truck behind you isn't going to be able to stop before killing you anyways. I'm also good with not riding in 0° weather. If I wanted to ride a motorcycle in the winter, I'd live somewhere without real winters, sort of like where you are. Here we have bikes built specifically for snow, they're called snow mobiles. ;)

Comment

Or fall, then not worry about picking it up because that truck behind you isn't going to be able to stop before killing you anyways. I'm also good with not riding in 0° weather. If I wanted to ride a motorcycle in the winter, I'd live somewhere without real winters, sort of like where you are. Here we have bikes built specifically for snow, they're called snow mobiles. ;)
              qft.

I'm all for all-weather riding. But there is a line that should be drawn if it is near freezing. Unless it has been super-dry, the risk of going down is just too great.

Comment

You guys are doing it all wrong.

Comment

Bump!!

Comment

Fired up the drz today to get some fuel moving through it and keep the battery semi charged. Snapped a couple of shitty cell pics. I'm planning on adding new graphics before spring and a few maintenance necessities.

Comment

This thread couldn't have come at a more perfect time in my life. I'm gonna get back into the dirtbike scene when I get my refund. I was thinking of making one street legal but I'm not sure of which to use. Are they kosher for highway use for 40 miles one way? Mind you budget is sub 2k. Any suggestions?
                      Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                      This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

I feel like a super motor would be way more fun around town than my gixxer, and who knows maybe ill get one eventually.

Comment

How hard is it to ride a supermoto
                          I have no motor cycle experience or hand clutch experience.

mtech1/2jzgte/r154/275tire
                          function>form

Comment

A supermoto and an 80 mile commute doesn't sound like fun...at all. They aren't made for the highway.

Comment

Originally posted by T Verdier View Post
                              I feel like a super motor would be way more fun around town than my gixxer, and who knows maybe ill get one eventually.
                              Oh, they are. I've got an '03 GSXR1000 and a TL1000S which are both a hell of a lot of fun, but they will get you in trouble with so little effort. They are much better suited to highway and canyon riding. I rode about 25 miles on a DRZ400SM and I'm hooked... definitely want to snag something like that for hooning around town. Maybe something a little more wild like a KTM 300EXC or a big two stroke thumper a la CR500 or KX500.

'88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

I don't like the sound of an 80-mile commute either. I would highly suggest putting different wheels on a DR650 for something like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X