No announcement yet.

Supermoto thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

00 DRZ 400e, it's a blast, street legal, dot knobbies, still gotta watch the turns, cool bikes everyone!!
    88 M3 Lachsliber glass top, 90 IS project,

Comment

Just came across this thread. And so happy I did. Was wondering if any one here rode a tard. Started with a 06 husky sm450r, went to a 07 katoom smr450, finished with a 02 husky sm570r. I came from racing sportbikes, had a buddy with a setup crf450r he brought out to a track day. He let me take it out for a couple sessions and was hooked from then on. The funny thing was that after I got to the husky 450 all my track buddies kept stealing the thing from me. Theres nothing like handing a liter bike it's ass on a twisty track. First time I had it on the track (blackhawk farms) everyone was looking at me weird, then after the first session was getting mobbed with questions. People couldnt believe that a dirtbike could go as fast as their sportbike. Yeah, they all passed me on the straights, just to be repassed as soon as the corners came.

Comment

Super motto is the gayest thing ever to happen to motorcycles. Whats the point of putting street tires on a jacked up, 12" of ground clearance dirt bike?? It all started when some poor schmuck, who couldnt afford a real sport bike, put street tires on his dirt bike. Get a sport bike for crying out loud, and put the wanna-be toys away.

Comment

It was the ROC (race of champions) for motorcycles.

History:
          Supermoto has its origins in the 1970s where ABC’s Wide World of Sports was the highest-rated sports show in the United States. In 1979, ABC commissioned a made-for-TV event called "Superbikers," created by motorcycling journalist and promoter Gavin Trippe intended to find the ultimate all-around motorcycle racer by putting all star riders from different genres of racing on a single track that combined three genres of racing: flat track racing, motocross and road racing. Superbikers was then manifested as a yearly event run at southern California's Carlsbad Raceway. The show's tarmac-and-dirt courses were intended to draw on talent from the world's of off-road, flat track and road racing. World and National Championship-winning motorcycling greats such as Kenny Roberts and Jeff Ward, whose respective sports at the time were road-racing and motocross, participated in the races. The Superbikers quickly became a huge Nielsen ratings contender, running until 1985, at which point ABC was forced to cancel the show due to new management and cuts; its cancellation also initiated a long sabbatical of the sport in the USA. The European racers who participated in the sport at Carlsbad, however, brought it back to Europe with them, where it quickly gained popularity in countries such as France.

Comment

gasturbine, you've obviously never ridden one. So your opinion is kinda pointless. Where as I hold a ama pro license, having raced 125/250gp, 600 supersport, and superbike classes. The point of a supermoto is that it out handles a sportbike, weighs half of what a sportbike does, and is a hell of alot more fun than a sportbike. Plus if you chuck it down the track you just pick it up and keep going, not have to replace a $800 fairing. You'd be surprised how many pro sportbike riders have, ride, and train with supermotos. This ranges from ama guys to motogp riders, including rossi, hayden, and several others. I get the feeling you ride a sportbike cause your a squid. If you don't know what a squid is, you've just proven my point.

Comment

Originally posted by sumoashe View Post
              gasturbine, you've obviously never ridden one. So your opinion is kinda pointless.
              Nothing pisses off sportbike riders more than dragging a knee on a supermoto around the outside of them.

Just proves that horsepower means so little in motorcycling.

Comment

The closest you'll get to supermoto cornering ability is a 125/250gp bike. Or a supersingle, which is basically a tard with gp bike bodywork. Last track stint was at autobahn country club running full course, my lap times were equal to any of the sportbikes. And thats in the advanced class, which is basically practice time for racers.

Comment

Races are won in the corners, not the straights.

Comment

gasturbine, you've obviously never ridden one. So your opinion is kinda pointless.
                    We real bikers laugh at you wanna-bees all the time.

Where as I hold a ama pro license, having raced 125/250gp, 600 supersport, and superbike classes.
                    And youre gay.

I get the feeling you ride a sportbike cause your a squid.
                    Ive had many sport bikes over the years, but now I ride a Harley, thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by quickervicar View Post
                      Nothing pisses off sportbike riders more than dragging a knee on a supermoto around the outside of them.
                      LMAO!

The only thing you would see on a sport bike on one of those goofy bikes, would be its rear tire...and quickly disappearing. :finger:

Comment

gasturbine, you've obviously never ridden one.
                        Gay. Wouldnt be caught dead on one.

Comment

So you went from a fast bike to a slow bike, real manly there. I sense your overcompensating for something? Harley's are great, it's the owners that aren't. And thats based on 8 years as a factory trained harley tech. "harley=40 year old technology at tomorrow's prices" I'd say come and ride one of my race bikes but I doubt you could handle it. Probly doesn't have enough shiny stuff for you either.

Comment

So you went from a fast bike to a slow bike, real manly there.
                            I have an worked '08 Night Rod Special. Ive got intake, exhaust, and bigger injectors in her. It has a dyno tune, making 124 hp @ the rear wheel.

You want manly? Heres a pic...

I sense your overcompensating for something?
                            Nope. I just like style and American power.

Harley's are great, it's the owners that aren't.
                            LOL! Nice stereotype! Any feelings on people of color?

And thats based on 8 years as a factory trained harley tech. "harley=40 year old technology at tomorrow's prices" I'd say come and ride one of my race bikes but I doubt you could handle it.
                            LOL! Sonny, I have already forgotten what you will ever know about racing motorcycles. Now take you little gay bike, and be on your way.

Probly doesn't have enough shiny stuff for you either.
                            See my pic above...I dont do chrome.

Comment

weeeeeee!

Comment

vrod's are slow and handle like shit, coming from sportbikes you should know this. And your vrod is not american muscle, engine was designed by porsche(as all harley engines have been since the shovelhead), and built in france(cast into the engine itself). Also 124 hp shit in a 700 pound machine. My 450 makes 60 at the wheel will smoke that, done it several times. You want a mans bike try my 570, makes 78hp at the wheel and weighs 210lbs with full tank. It's about power to weight. If you want a real harley I've been thinking of selling my 48 pan. One year only production bike, only one to come with a springer due to extra's from knuckle production.

Comment

Working...
                                X