R3v Weight gain thread?
Collapse
X
-
I'm in the same boat man. I just started working out again this year and from what I've been experiencing as far as gains, I've gained 5 pounds in 2-3 weeks just by upping my calorie intake and working with high weights and low reps. 5'9" weighing in at around 124lbs, I've gotten up to 129-130. Unfortunately, as easily as I got there, I lose a couple pounds if I don't keep up with my eating. It is really a pain in the ass to keep weight, but I will keep working at it. My goal is 145lbs. -
just eat alot of protien to gain lean muscle.
P90X doesn't gain you muscle it burns fat and carbs
if you want muscle I suggest you eat 1.3g of protien per lb of body weight. do 3 sets of 6-8use weight so last rep on each set you should be barley able to do. This builds dense muscle and strength. If you just want show muscles (big but weak) then you do 3 sets of 10 with comfy weight. ask me how I know
6'3" 227lbs almost got my 6 pack on maybe 1 more month of cardio, I don't look super hudge cuz I go for dense and strength, burst speed shitLeave a comment:
-
Chicken, whole wheats, a lot of fruits and veggies. I'm eating 30% protein, 20% fat, and 50% carbs. First calculate your daily bmr and eat more calories than you burn to gain weight. This is a diet for doing P90X, of course. Without P90X, I'll be eating different portions of protein, fat, and carbs and lower amounts of calories because I won't be burning as muchTrying to gain muscle although a little fat probably wouldn't hurt. Every time I try to use one of the scales that also tell you your body fat it just errors out. Most of my working out is rock climbing and a little bit of lifting. Maybe I will start trying some P90X type stuff and see what that does. What kind of stuff are you eating?Leave a comment:
-
I wouldn't call myself skinny, but I am trying to gain some weight. I stopped working out a couple years ago when my workout buddy went away to college, in that time I've lost ~20lbs.
Start: 170lbs 5'10"
Goal: 190lbsLeave a comment:
-
beer = weight
went from 140 to 155 all the way up to 165 (current). I'm 5'11", gotta maintain now and build more muscleLeave a comment:
-
I got a good GF who cooks. I gained about 15 lbs in 3 months after we started dating.Leave a comment:
-
Trying to gain muscle although a little fat probably wouldn't hurt. Every time I try to use one of the scales that also tell you your body fat it just errors out. Most of my working out is rock climbing and a little bit of lifting. Maybe I will start trying some P90X type stuff and see what that does. What kind of stuff are you eating?Depends on what kind of weight, fat or muscle, and how many calories you eat. I'm on a diet that gives a lot of healthy calories while doing P90X, and I have no problem gaining muscle weight. I used to think I couldn't gain weight because I was so skinny but I was wrong.Leave a comment:
-
I plan on still incorporating a good deal of cardio this year. Focus more on my weight training and rock climbing and incorporate more protein in my diet (include healthier sources of protein.)
Start: 135lbs 5'9"
Goal: 145lbsLeave a comment:
-
Depends on what kind of weight, fat or muscle, and how many calories you eat. I'm on a diet that gives a lot of healthy calories while doing P90X, and I have no problem gaining muscle weight. I used to think I couldn't gain weight because I was so skinny but I was wrong.Leave a comment:
-
R3v Weight gain thread?
Us skinny people of R3v that have trouble gaining weight. People say to just eat more but just eating more does not do anything, we can eat almost anything we want and not gain a single pound. What have you guys done to gain weight.
I have found that with eating lots of protein bars and working out I have been able to gain about 8 pounds in a year and a half.
Lets see how much we can gain this year.
Start weight 2/15: 149 lbs 6'
Goal: 155 lbsLast edited by 10Toes; 02-15-2013, 01:44 PM.Tags: None

Leave a comment: