R3v Weight gain thread?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • trackjunkie21
    replied
    Before this year I was in the same boat, it was extremely difficult to gain any weight, I actually started losing weight and by the end of december I was 5'10' at around 132lbs(horrible I know). Doing alot of research I have found that even though it may have seemed that I ate alot of food, it was never really sufficient enough in calories, carbs, fats and proteins. A great way I found to keep track of all this is myfitnesspal, it's a free app both for apple and android. I started going to the gym and actually eating with a caloric surplus of about 10% and as of today I weigh 150lbs at 8-9% body fat. Also found that it is much easier to gain weight when you have 5-6 meals a day, rather than 1-2. I usually felt like shit after the latter.

    Leave a comment:


  • Threehz
    replied
    I was so happy to see this thread and know that people share this struggle.

    I have to eat literally everything to maintain a weight of 145 at 5' 11".

    It's actually been worse than ever this semester. I've been biking to school and plan to soon start biking the entire 20-mile round trip on a daily basis. Now that it's getting hot out I like to swim at least once every day. The hardest part is my schedule is so tight it takes a lot of effort to find time to eat lunch, let alone a healthy lunch. Luckily, I picked up a weight set from a friend who moved about a month ago and I've been starting to finally lift again.

    Currently I'm probably around 140, but my goal is to reach 150 by summer, and eventually get to around 175. At 5' 11" I think that should be pretty good.

    I'm also hoping that as I move into my mid and later twenties my metabolism will slow down.

    Leave a comment:


  • DatUtahGuy
    replied
    Fuck, I weighed myself this morning. 130lb. Time to cut back on cardio and bulk up, eggs, tuna, chicken and a weight gainer here I come!

    Leave a comment:


  • decay
    replied
    Trying to gain weight when you have the metabolism of a hummingbird is not any more fun than trying to lose it when you're naturally chubby. 175 is the most I've ever weighed.

    Leave a comment:


  • evandael
    replied
    i will never understand people that complain about this.

    Leave a comment:


  • alB5
    replied
    A year ago, i was at 210 lbs almost all fat, and have always been aroud 6 ft, then dropped to 165 in a few months or so, then decided to start building and bulking up. I got to 170, and can't seem to build at all anymore. I easily have 70-80 grams of whey and soy protein throughout the day and still no bulk. I've been having gains in strength so I guess it's working? I don't know anymore lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    my wife makes me cookies every week. with real butter. soooo much better than store bought crap!

    We made a cake last night. ugh. Glad I'm not eating it, it was for a contest. I think there were 8 sticks of butter total. so delicious, but yeah. wow.

    Pretty sure she's trying to kill me..

    anyway, I haven't been training much now but at my peak I kept losing weight despite eating as much as possible and always being hungry. I think I was about 175lbs in 2011 at peak fitness (6'-2"), trying as hard as I could not to lose more weight.. haha.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dermeister3
    replied
    Originally posted by Perry Wilson
    its simple. to gain weight drink slim fast between meals. put on 40lbs in 2 months for football...
    or, ya know, drink something calorie efficient instead.


    I'm a hard gainer. I need about 3500 calories a day to gain. 3000 is my sustain.

    If I stick with it, I do gain, but it's tough when you work a 2-10 shift with no real breaks.

    I'm using Up Your Mass for in between meals and to hopefully get up to a consistent 3500 calories per day.

    Stats: 145lbs @ 5'9"

    good luck hard gainer brethren.

    Leave a comment:


  • Perry Wilson
    replied
    its simple. to gain weight drink slim fast between meals. put on 40lbs in 2 months for football...

    Leave a comment:


  • F34R
    replied
    I have been bulking currently and with my 4k cal daily intake I have gain to 248lbs. 6'5.3/4" pretty much 6'6". My goal is to gain 15 pounds while toning P90x is what I use. I know I am not a bag of bones but this is a weight gain thread.

    Current weight: 248 goal: 265

    I wear a size 34 pant, not a fatty. I do body building but need to tone or something.

    I do 1-2hrs of free weights and 45min of P90x if I stick with it. I cannot run due to a ruined left leg. I stick to core section and pull ups.

    Some of you guys scare me...6 foot and under 140lbs. Not healthy guys. Wish all of you luck, I will be updating here from now on.

    My diet is very healthy, I cut almost all sugar and bread. Alot of eggs, fish, chicken and organic beef from my uncles slaughter cows. Veggies and NO fast food. I try to eat 4-6 meals spread throughout the day. It is better to have more smaller meals than 3 big ones. Gives you more energy and no heavy feeling. I try to drink a gallon of water a day. Cleans the system! I also juice once a week to keep a balanced system.

    As a blue collar contractor I do heavy labor all day. So I know my intake is much higher than most. But if I don't I become a bag if bones.

    Leave a comment:


  • decay
    replied
    I thought I was the only one this fucking skinny. Lost a lot of weight while I wasn't working (budget and depression were factors).

    Current: 6'2", 145.

    Goal: 175 (where I was after BCT).

    One thing I learned during boot is that you do not need gimmicks or equipment to get in shape or add mass; excepting the occasional pull-up, we used nothing but a ground mat. Should you choose to use it, Army PT regimen is publicly available and as someone with a fast metabolism who's always been skinny, I can vouch for its effectiveness.

    Don't skip the stretches, and alternate muscle-failure days with run days; whether you do that for an hour a day for two, four, or six days per week, results will correlate with input (duh).

    Leave a comment:


  • DatUtahGuy
    replied
    I'm at 140lb and can't seem to gain any weight. I'm cut at 140 though so 'tsall good

    Leave a comment:


  • ColdAccord
    replied
    5'11" 172 lbs. Been working out regularly for a couple years, I've always been a skinny guy but had a bit of beer weight I mostly got rid of.

    I was taking Muscle Milk for quite a while, but as I'm lactose intolerant it began to upset my stomach after about a year (due to the whey). I'm looking into switching to hemp protein actually

    Leave a comment:


  • funcrew
    replied
    Forget it, some guys are destined to be bean poles. I've weighed 150 pounds for the last 30 years, never plus or minus more than 5. Many years ago, I was semi-ripped for a while from lifting weights 6 days a week - Didn't gain a pound. This will work in your favor over time as other guys your age gradually become rounder and softer.

    Leave a comment:


  • grc
    replied
    It is practically impossible to eat more and lose weight except for in some very specific circumstances. For you guys that have problems gaining weight, I'd recommend eating a good 500+ calories than you usually would. Also, try to reduce the amount of cardio and exercise you do outside of lifting. It'll just burn off more calories and make it harder to gain mass.

    Leave a comment:

Working...