anybody into bodybuilding/powerlifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
    Haha not really. Theres a free bench for dumbbells but not one with holders for a barbell. Ive learned to deal with that.

Do you make your meals each day or are you making a bunch at a time? Im not dedicated enough to stop eating ice cream and snacks.
    I BBQ all my chicken on Sunday and pack out all my meals in these.
    I still cook dinner though. The packs are for meals at work since I have 4 meals while at work.
    "I wanna see da boat movie"
    "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

hi

2008 335i - n54b30
      1991 318i - m52b28
      1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
        I BBQ all my chicken on Sunday and pack out all my meals in these.
        I still cook dinner though. The packs are for meals at work since I have 4 meals while at work.
        i use them too! on sundays cook up 3lbs of chicken,2 lbs of ground beef, and some rice youre set for all week.

Comment

it's like $5 for 3, they're awesome

Comment

Originally posted by drumad View Post
            hi

how's your back looking? can't tell from that angle.
            Don't round that shit

Comment

Originally posted by drumad View Post
              hi

nice progress dude

Comment

Ive actually had a tough time lately. I've got a couple of pinched nerves. C3 and C6 in my cervical do not move at all so my Jerks suffer. Im up to a 115kg (253) clean and a 97kg (215) jerk. My goal was 100kg (220) so i'm round there. Snatch is at 85kg (187) still which sucks but i've had to take a few days off here and there. Squat is up to a fast bar path 325 ATG. Front squat, no idea. My last front squat session was 275x5 so maybe 305x1?

Will post vids today.

Comment

also i dont believe that you need to keep your back straight on a deadlift. its a good rule of thumb, but that shit is bro science and i dare any of you to hit me with scientific research that proves otherwise. the body isnt meant to be in a static position, its too dynamic for that.

Comment

I think the straight back is more prevalent the the Oly style lifters while powerlifting tends to drift to the rounded back. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that in Oly, rarely do you stop at just the deadlift, you're probably doing a clean and jerk, or press which requires that posture at the top.
                    sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Round thoracic spine is fine.

Can I pull a Rule 19 here? Haha.
                      2008 335i - n54b30
                      1991 318i - m52b28
                      1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                        I think the straight back is more prevalent the the Oly style lifters while powerlifting tends to drift to the rounded back. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that in Oly, rarely do you stop at just the deadlift, you're probably doing a clean and jerk, or press which requires that posture at the top.
                        If you dont stay straight you wont be making your lift. The second pull requires a strong back that is upright.

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
                          also i dont believe that you need to keep your back straight on a deadlift. its a good rule of thumb, but that shit is bro science and i dare any of you to hit me with scientific research that proves otherwise. the body isnt meant to be in a static position, its too dynamic for that.
                          Depends where the rounding is taking place. If you're rounding your lumbar spine during high weight, you're likely going to run into some serious issues in the future. It's very normal for advance lifters to having rounding of the thoracic, but novices should all aim for a straight back. It's not bro science.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                            Depends where the rounding is taking place. If you're rounding your lumbar spine during high weight, you're likely going to run into some serious issues in the future. It's very normal for advance lifters to having rounding of the thoracic, but novices should all aim for a straight back. It's not bro science.

http://www.sfu.ca/~leyland/Kin201%20...0Mechanics.pdf
                            Thanks for re-itterating my exact point with documentation. That was helpful actually

Comment

I wouldn't say I reiterated it, I clarified it. As someone with back problems you know the importance of practicing good form and the repercussions of letting it slide. Calling it "bro science" to keep your back straight discredits the sound advice that is being given, usually to a less experienced/informed individual. Telling a new lifter that it's fine for his back to round without describing where and how could be all he needs to excuse the slinky action taking place in his lower back while desperately trying to get 405 off the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                                I wouldn't say I reiterated it, I clarified it. As someone with back problems you know the importance of practicing good form and the repercussions of letting it slide. Calling it "bro science" to keep your back straight discredits the sound advice that is being given, usually to a less experienced/informed individual. Telling a new lifter that it's fine for his back to round without describing where and how could be all he needs to excuse the slinky action taking place in his lower back while desperately trying to get 405 off the floor.
                                Ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X