PUCH build: Cafe racer chapter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus man, an update.
    If you were arrested for being a good mechanic, would there be enough evidence to convict you?

"The cycle you're working on is a cycle called 'yourself.'" -- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
      Update???????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????
      Originally posted by keine30 View Post
      Jesus man, an update.
      Post# 117
      Originally posted by F34R View Post
      Engine is being sent off to get a rebuild of the bottom end with a port and polish. Once the engine gets back I have these to mock up!

Brembo two pot fronts and singles in the rear for the new brake setup. Came from a 250 enduro.
      The engine arrived at the builder yesterday. He ordered the needed parts and should have it done this week. The engine is needed to complete the swing arm due to it being extended. Once that gets back I can finish the arm, then the seat.
      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
      ~ '87 535
      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I used to have a couple of these as a kid! Olive green ones. They were probably my first motorized toys ever. I could barely pedal the thing to start it.

Comment

Originally posted by AntiScope View Post
          I used to have a couple of these as a kid! Olive green ones. They were probably my first motorized toys ever. I could barely pedal the thing to start it.
          I got a kickstart for mine :) I know it is not rare there, but here in the states we never got them unless it was on a Magnum(even then rare).

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Alright dude, where are the updates?
            Click here to leave me feedback on our transactions. :p

Comment

Would you consider this your second greatest accomplishment?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                  Just an outlet till I get my beemer ;) Looking for an 80-90s R100RT

Update: rewiring the frame for the new engine. I will be welding once it warms up a little more, currently under 10 degrees everyday here. I think I have maybe 4-6hrs left of welding to do.

Current cars:
                  ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                  ~ '87 535
                  ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                  ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Engine is all back and finished.

Ported/case matched and polished, new bearings, seals and gaskets, crank inspected, kick start conversion(BALLER) 70cc conversion and a hi-hi compression head.
                    With it being winter, I cannot use the shop all that much. I will have it all running by spring though. I think I MIGHT be selling it too, I am buying a R100RT in spring.

Last edited by F34R; 02-16-2014, 11:28 PM.

Current cars:
                    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                    ~ '87 535
                    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

A few years ago in SF CA you could sell these things for serious money to trust fund hipsters. I fixed my brothers up, posted it up on CL and sold it maybe 15 minutes later for more then I thought I could possibly get for it.
                      These things are a lot of fun.
                      sigpic
                      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                        A few years ago in SF CA you could sell these things for serious money to trust fund hipsters. I fixed my brothers up, posted it up on CL and sold it maybe 15 minutes later for more then I thought I could possibly get for it.
                        These things are a lot of fun.
                        Still can, the prices are skyrocketing. Was going to sell mine soon, but may hold out a little longer.

Comment

Got some free time and busted out the moped, to save time I found a cafe seat pan already finished, also ordered the clutch springs and a new chain to allow the longer swing arm...Maximus is ready to get finished!

For the past few months I have been reading cafe builds and getting inspiration, also drawing plans and laying out the frame to tank setup. I need to get a tank in next to finish the bike off.

I really want to spring and get a Bimmer tank, I fear it will be too big and look awful.
                          Attached Files

Current cars:
                          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                          ~ '87 535
                          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

this is awesome

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                              I have been working like crazy doing construction. Too tired when I get home and too busy on the weekends. This weekend I am taking the engine out to get built up by a guy in Buffalo.

Wiring will be finished on the 4th of October, so expect a running finished moped on that weekend.
                              was that guy named Adler?
                              Originally posted by blunt
                              can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

The sabre should be up and running shortly. Get back to this shiz homie
                                Swanny!
                                SUCKERS.

Comment

Working...
                                X