• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klug
    replied
    Originally posted by decay View Post
    i'd forgotten about this thread.

coincidentally, i moved to a warehouse loft in SF a couple of months back. treatland is in the same building. i used to buy parts for my derbi GPRs from them so it's pretty cool that i can chat and see what's up around the shop when i go out for a smoke.

i'd buy another GPR if i wasn't pretty sure it'd get stolen. i worry about the Baur enough as it is.
    That's awesome...I found out about Treatland a few weeks ago...definitely the best one stop shop for parts for these things. I've realized that these moped guys are something else...treatland has some ridiculous descriptions on their site, seem like a great group of people

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    Originally posted by F34R View Post
    Got some free time and busted out the moped, to save time I found a cafe seat pan already finished, also ordered the clutch springs and a new chain to allow the longer swing arm...Maximus is ready to get finished!

For the past few months I have been reading cafe builds and getting inspiration, also drawing plans and laying out the frame to tank setup. I need to get a tank in next to finish the bike off.

I really want to spring and get a Bimmer tank, I fear it will be too big and look awful.
    i'd forgotten about this thread.

coincidentally, i moved to a warehouse loft in SF a couple of months back. treatland is in the same building. i used to buy parts for my derbi GPRs from them so it's pretty cool that i can chat and see what's up around the shop when i go out for a smoke.

i'd buy another GPR if i wasn't pretty sure it'd get stolen. i worry about the Baur enough as it is.

Leave a comment:

• Klug
    replied
    I moved to Colorado...so it's sitting all in boxes when I moved in 2016. It will become a project for this winter, just too busy right now for toys.
    Nice! Look forward to seeing the future progress with this thing....

P.S. I didn't know you were BWeissLeather. Ordered that dog collar a few years back for "Forrest" still holding up great!!

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by Klug View Post
    Back to the future?

What has happened to this project in the past three years? Real curious as I just picked up a '80 Motobecane Moby...these things are fun....

I moved to Colorado...so it's sitting all in boxes when I moved in 2016. It will become a project for this winter, just too busy right now for toys.

Leave a comment:

• Klug
    replied
    Back to the future?

What has happened to this project in the past three years? Real curious as I just picked up a '80 Motobecane Moby...these things are fun....

Leave a comment:

• stonea
    replied
    Like everyone else who has read this thread, I'm now on the hunt for one of these. Amazing little toy you are building. Keep up the good work!!!!

Leave a comment:

• paintkilz
    replied
    hey were like bros or something...this pic is before i added my top bar, changed my pipe again and added another filter...70cc, Hicomp, mikuni vm18, proma circuit/biturbo depending on my mood, EBR...i want to go disc front because trying to stop from 50+ is scary..

Leave a comment:

• ttrousdell
    replied
    So are you still selling this and getting that R100RT? Not that this isn't cool but with the bmw bike we can cruise.

Leave a comment:

• Swanny
    replied
    The sabre should be up and running shortly. Get back to this shiz homie

Leave a comment:

• ColdAccord
    replied
    I have been working like crazy doing construction. Too tired when I get home and too busy on the weekends. This weekend I am taking the engine out to get built up by a guy in Buffalo.

Wiring will be finished on the 4th of October, so expect a running finished moped on that weekend.
    was that guy named Adler?

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    this is awesome

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Got some free time and busted out the moped, to save time I found a cafe seat pan already finished, also ordered the clutch springs and a new chain to allow the longer swing arm...Maximus is ready to get finished!

For the past few months I have been reading cafe builds and getting inspiration, also drawing plans and laying out the frame to tank setup. I need to get a tank in next to finish the bike off.

I really want to spring and get a Bimmer tank, I fear it will be too big and look awful.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• CabbE30
    replied
    Originally posted by deutschman View Post
    A few years ago in SF CA you could sell these things for serious money to trust fund hipsters. I fixed my brothers up, posted it up on CL and sold it maybe 15 minutes later for more then I thought I could possibly get for it.
    These things are a lot of fun.
    Still can, the prices are skyrocketing. Was going to sell mine soon, but may hold out a little longer.

Leave a comment:

• deutschman
    replied
    A few years ago in SF CA you could sell these things for serious money to trust fund hipsters. I fixed my brothers up, posted it up on CL and sold it maybe 15 minutes later for more then I thought I could possibly get for it.
    These things are a lot of fun.

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Engine is all back and finished.

Ported/case matched and polished, new bearings, seals and gaskets, crank inspected, kick start conversion(BALLER) 70cc conversion and a hi-hi compression head.
    With it being winter, I cannot use the shop all that much. I will have it all running by spring though. I think I MIGHT be selling it too, I am buying a R100RT in spring.

Last edited by F34R; 02-16-2014, 11:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X