No announcement yet.

R3v Wristwatch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its luck of the draw with any of the entry/mid level 7s based (4r and 6r) movements from the factory. They will run in chronometer spec with some patients and fine tuning. My SKX runs with in about 2 mins a month my 6r15 is about 6 min slow in a month form the factory....

You can send it in, but its running with in Seikos specs so your going to have to pay someone to regulate it, and is a 130 dollar watch worth the price of service if its running and your not getting other work done???
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Found an old Caravelle watch at my house. Story behind it is that my grandfather bought it in the early 60's. He gave it to my dad and he had it stashed away. Wore it today to school. Loving the vintage. I'll post pictures when I get home. Seems that the winding mechanism is broken although. Only stays wound for about two hours before it dies. I'll have to get it checked out. Would like to see it being used more often.
      -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
      -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Originally posted by Nesset View Post
        Found an old Caravelle watch at my house. Story behind it is that my grandfather bought it in the early 60's. He gave it to my dad and he had it stashed away. Wore it today to school. Loving the vintage. I'll post pictures when I get home. Seems that the winding mechanism is broken although. Only stays wound for about two hours before it dies. I'll have to get it checked out. Would like to see it being used more often.
        Would love to see pics. Guessing a mainspring on your winding issue there.
        sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Pics! Tried to get the date stamp in the second pic. Date stamp is M7 which is 60's. Really do like the watch. Anyone have any idea where I should take it to get it fixed? I would really like to keep it in the family. I'm only 17 and no one else seems to value it but I really think its damn cool to have around.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1428991310109.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	7176245
          Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1428991322534.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	7176246
          -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
          -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

^ call around to local jewelers and find out who they recommend for a watchmaker. I found a good one in Lake Oswego doing just that. But LO is a little far from Anacortes. Good luck, and that's a cool watch.
            sigpic

Comment

Is that ^ the infamous "twist-o-flex" band?

Haven't seen one of those in years, but I do have one on my Grandfathers watch.
              Suspension tips here...
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

I have the model Caravelle. Great, clean, classic wind-up. I'd put it on a ribbon band.

Comment

Dug some out of the archives last night...
                  Attached Files
                  Suspension tips here...
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DRTSRFR View Post
                    Is that ^ the infamous "twist-o-flex" band?

Haven't seen one of those in years, but I do have one on my Grandfathers watch.
                    It actually is a twist-o-flex band. Super cool. Surprised more watches today don't use something like this...
                    -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                    -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Anyone have a Nomos Glashütte watch? I'm completely enamoured. If only the Lambda watch wasn't $20,000.

Comment

Anyone got $29k?

Comment

Originally posted by T Verdier View Post
                          Anyone got $29k?
                          That's pretty neat and stuff, but for 29k there's many much neat and cool ways to blow it
                          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                          Originally posted by roguetoaster
                          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                            That's pretty neat and stuff, but for 29k there's many much neat and cool ways to blow it
                            if you're spending $29k on a watch you probably spend youre money on all those "neat and cool things" as well lol

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                              Anyone have a Nomos Glashütte watch? I'm completely enamoured. If only the Lambda watch wasn't $20,000.
                              Can't afford. Would buy if I could. The clean lines on that Lambda...

sigpic

Comment

hey I like watches too!

U-boat left hook

had this limited wu g-shock for a daily and ended up selling it for twice what I paid lol

ive got a Nixon 5130 too but it was one of my first watch purchases and I rarely wear it any more...mostly a paperweight now

here is my current daily - Hamilton khaki pilot automatic (old pic in my 996tt)

and another pic in my new to me e30

Comment

Working...
                                X