No announcement yet.

R3v Wristwatch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up a Hamilton Khaki about a month or two ago. Came with a brown leather strap but i have since switched to an olive canvas strap for a more casual appearance.

-Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
    '95 525iT
    '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
    '98 Disco 1

Comment

Hamilton Khaki is one of the most underrated watches out there I think. My father has the black dial version.

Comment

I've been thinking about getting a Seagull 1963 Chrono. Besides being a commie watch i like the simple design and the fact thats its a Mechanical Column wheel chrono. Do any of guys have experience with one?
        88 325is Five Speed
        Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
          I've been thinking about getting a Seagull 1963 Chrono. Besides being a commie watch i like the simple design and the fact thats its a Mechanical Column wheel chrono. Do any of guys have experience with one?
          No personal experience owning one, but I've always heard good things about their movements. My brother just picked this up as a push present for his wife and the movement (Sea-Gull ST6103K) is impressively smooth and accurate.

sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Agreed on the Khaki being underrated, it's one of my favorite budget-friendly watch suggestions. That and the 6309 seiko's.

This is ultimately what I end up wearing all the time: 44mm jazzmaster - my first 'good' watch.

Also, none of these next watches are mine, but some of the pros of working with a leader in the pre-owned watch market.

This fuckin' AP is the best thing i've ever worn:

Tried really hard to keep this JLC:

So many random wrist shots of things i've 'borrowed'
            '89 318i Touring
            '90 Miata

Comment

What is with the fad of arm dominating huge watches? When it comes to a watch, bigger is not better. I seriously can't remember the last time I saw a watch that I'd actually want to wear, new in a store.

Those are some nice designs, but 25% larger than they need to be.

Will
              '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
              '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
              '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
              '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                What is with the fad of arm dominating huge watches? When it comes to a watch, bigger is not better. I seriously can't remember the last time I saw a watch that I'd actually want to wear, new in a store.

Will
                Agreed. Besides the appeal of the the matte dial, size was one of the reasons I went for a sub that was 30 yrs old vs. something new.
                sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post

Will
                  Some of us are fat fucks who like larger watches, but shitty fashion watches that you are likely to see in like macys have been huge recently.

theres a big deference between a nice 45mm case like this

or this

and this abomination
                  88 325is Five Speed
                  Lachssilber

Comment

It also depends how it looks in comparison to your entire body, and not just your wrist. I have very small wrists, and my 44mm jazzmaster looks MASSIVE in wrist shots, but it wears well.

There's a big difference between case-size and how it actually wears. The crown guards on a lot of PAMs make them feel huge, same with case-height on big bangs.

The AP is a 41mm, but actually wears 'up' a little bit. Partially because of the density and where the pushers/crown sit, but it feels 'substantial'. As it should, for being ~50k pre-owned
                    '89 318i Touring
                    '90 Miata

Comment

Holy shit guys I love this watch. It's too bad I'm poor till I get out of school
                      88 325is Five Speed
                      Lachssilber

Comment

Black Bay Blue has been on my short list for over a year, they are fairly priced on the used market as well, $1900-2400 or so, I'd buy used on that one as you will get whacked for a grand instantly if you buy new. There are so many examples out there you can find one in a matter of a week that has been worn under a dozen times.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
                          Black Bay Blue has been on my short list for over a year, they are fairly priced on the used market as well, $1900-2400 or so, I'd buy used on that one as you will get whacked for a grand instantly if you buy new. There are so many examples out there you can find one in a matter of a week that has been worn under a dozen times.
                          I think i Like the BB Noir a the best, the blue i think is the most modern look. I also tried on the new Tudor Pelegos (It weighs nothing), the Speedmaster MOTM (meh to small for me) and the Speedmaster MK.II which i really liked, but they wouldn't let me take a picture of
                          88 325is Five Speed
                          Lachssilber

Comment

I have been kicking around the idea of picking up used Pelegos, but I have been very very happy with my stiernhart, so I am really considering their ti. 500 model and I dont really like the club hour hand on the Tudor as much
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                              I have been kicking around the idea of picking up used Pelegos, but I have been very very happy with my stiernhart, so I am really considering their ti. 500 model and I dont really like the club hour hand on the Tudor as much
                              Ive heard good things about the OVTI ( except for a guess in the first run some of the parts were different colors). Would you be getting a two line Pelegos or an used In house model?
                              88 325is Five Speed
                              Lachssilber

Comment

I like the Pelagos Blue as well. I like the two lines more than the busier 4 line dial, but I'd wear both.

Comment

Working...
                                X