No announcement yet.

R3v Wristwatch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She wanted to buy me a watch for my birthday two years back, so she ended up buying me a Fossil FS4552 (Big pic, sorry... not mine)

Linky

I like it, but I don't wear it much. If I'm dressing up and remember it, or if I'm going out and wearing long sleeves I'll do it. But I'd never wear it (or any watch really) at work or while working on the car.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      Will: I dont know what sea master you have is it a solid gold case by chance??? but many of the run of the mill 50's sea masters in steel you see on the market are about 350-400 bucks in good running and cosmetic order even the "big auction site". All though there are some rare models and limited runs that of course worth significantly more.... I understand your points though, I just saw that while looking for a particular K.S. for the wife and though I would pass it on to ya since its so close to that bulova you posted. btw that one I have posted up there for ya can be found all day long (for now), for less than 450 bucks.

I really wish my grandpas original late 50's Omega Railmaster never got stolen. It was given to him by my great grandpa new, and was stolen along with all most all the other family heirlooms when someone broke into and was living in their house in AZ for about a week in 06 when they went back north for the summer. Its one of those very rare models, but I wanted it for the family significance more than anything
      Yes, my Omega is a solid gold case with a stainless back. The face was replaced when it was restored for my father about 10 years ago. I guess that would make me the the 3rd generation owner of the thing. Bought new by my grandfather.

Will
      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Here is a horribly dirty pic of my Omega Planet Ocean..

Last edited by Beau B; 12-31-2013, 09:14 AM. Reason: Picture Resize
        1988 BMW 325iS

Comment

My old Wenger Classic. Got it about 8 years ago when I was really young. Been through two metal bracelets and just today got a new leather band for it! I like the size and simple look.

'91 325i

Comment

Ill get some pics of what I have. Its a small collection, some nice stuff, some regular stuff. I have become addicted and look for watches all the time.

Comment

This was my Dads. 1950 Omega but dont know the model. Needs a decent band which Ill get
              We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
              www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

So i took a moment to get pics. Yea I have everything from cheap chinese watches to some heavy hitters. Love them all. Let me know what you think.

1st pic is the collection

#1 is the best I have

2nd best

3rd best bought from a member here

4th best

Most bought used aside from the first 2. I def have an addiction. I look all the time for watches. I buy some, give some away and I dont really sell any. I love how its a subtle way to dress up every day life.
                Last edited by rcsoundn1; 01-04-2014, 03:19 PM.

Comment

my Omega Dynamic automatic. gift from a client.

Comment

^ damn you!

That's definitely on my must have list, I even bought one but then traded it for my speedmaster. Glad it didn't sell very well, prices make it relatively affordable.

Comment

Well, I ate my words and bought a watch. Not this exact one, but one very similar. I pretty much stole it, $56 shipped. Its a '54 Bulova 23A, possibly white gold case. The face is nice, the crystal has some very light scratches, possible original metal wrist band (I'm still researching it.) My guess is that it hasn't been cleaned and lubed in years, but it seems to be accurate after 6 hours. I'll get some pics of it tomorrow. Mine has a black face and no numbers. Its also got glow in the dark radium hands.

Will
                      Last edited by BlackbirdM3; 01-19-2014, 12:37 AM.
                      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                        Yes, my Omega is a solid gold case with a stainless back. The face was replaced when it was restored for my father about 10 years ago. I guess that would make me the the 3rd generation owner of the thing. Bought new by my grandfather.
                        Will
                        Nice watch! It looks like a Seamaster? My grandfather also had one that is almost identical but with a calendar. What year would that one be?

Comment

Originally posted by 318kid View Post
                          Nice watch! It looks like a Seamaster? My grandfather also had one that is almost identical but with a calendar. What year would that one be?
                          Thanks, I like it. Yes its a Seamaster. I'd have to guess late '50s early '60s if it looks like the one I posted above.

I'll get a shot of the Bulova and the Omega together, they are exactly the same size.

Will
                          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Got some pics of the new watch.

After running for close to 24 hrs, the Bulova is running about 2.5 min fast. I guess that is better than running slow.

Will
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

sounds like it needs to go to the watch maker for a general service and a regulation....... Looks like a little TLC and you have a very nice vintage time piece there, the band looks to be more form the 70's era, and seems to be more of a aftermarket type but then I know next to nothing about vintage bulova's and it may have come with a Speidel as new. Looks like a great buy for 56 bucks though congrats and enjoy it

I like the anitmagnetic feature though, very few watches even from that time have such a cool feature of a heavy iron inner case to shield the movement form High E/M fields that could affect accuracy. Not many modern companies make such autos, other than Rolex with their Milgaus and the Ball engineer models... My g-pa's stolen Omega Railmaster was one of the better shielded movement watches made in the late 50's as well for those working in power plants, the electric locomotives and scientific research
                              Last edited by mrsleeve; 01-19-2014, 05:16 PM.
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

Sick timepieces here. This thread is bad because now there are others I want!!!

Monaco

Datejust:

The all purpose citizen:
                                PNW Crew
                                90 m3
                                06 m5

Comment

Working...
                                X