taking back R3v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taking back R3v

For everyone who has bitched about the recent changes on r3v.

Read this thread and react accordingly.
    seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

I approve. See bottom line of sig.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

I started a discussion thread in the News and Suggestions subforum. I didn't mean to undermine anyone's efforts.

But, here's what I posted there:

Originally posted by lambo View Post
      Just saw this, like many others I presume.

Figured we could use a discussion thread for this proposal.

I am all for this. However, if I'm going to be paying I would like to see a total figure that is required to run this place month to month, year to year...whatever it may be. I'm sure everyone would, just to get an idea of what needs to be contributed.

Another thing is, I don't know if there's someway to guarantee this money is going towards the sites operating costs specifically. Not that I, nor anyone else, distrusts James. It would just be a peace of mind.

Continue on...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Just donated $21. Is it much...nope. Its all I had in my Paypal..lol. I CHALLENGE SOMEONE TO MATCH ME!!

If you have ever:

1: Sold something on this website.
        2: Bought something from this website.
        3: Learned something from this website.
        4: Enjoyed this website in ANY WAY.

You should donate anything you can. If its $1 AWESOME. If its more GREAT!! Help these guys out. Its a great resource and you wont know how much you enjoy it till its gone...

To the group that keep this place going. THANK YOU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
          I started a discussion thread in the News and Suggestions subforum. I didn't mean to undermine anyone's efforts.

But, here's what I posted there:
          R3V costs break down as following

$2400 (well, 199.99 a month) for server colocation
          $3000 a year toward emergency breakfixes, licenses, etc) IE this is money I put to the side to pay for upgrades/site improvements. Last year we spent about $1800 of this, this year I JUST spent $500 on a new Firewall after ours kicked the bucket with the PowerSupply
          $3000 a year goes into the annual party, we make custom glasses every year, + kegs, BBQ, etc
          Remaining that we make goes into the Accuracy Automotive/R3VLimited Shop/Racing fund.

Google usually brought in $600 - $1400 a month, around $800ish a month before it died.

Comment

yea, I'm pretty sick of waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles by now...

having said that I'd be willing to throw down a few for the site that is a endless supply of knowledge and humor for this e30 enthusiast.
            Last edited by aaron325ix; 06-21-2013, 10:07 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Im confused, so R3V was advertising for Google and making an avg. $800 a month. And now no longer wants to advertise for Google so they need to compensate that loss revenue?
              Is the current banner/ spotlight advertising pricing at the top of page not being adjusted to compensate the loss?
              On a side side bar I'd be interested in seeing the Com-scores for site.
              I love that people ask stupid questions so I dont have.

Comment

glad this shit is happining down to donate and say f u u k y o u to google
                Originally posted by bmwm42
                PNW vulture pm me for parts
                Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Phuck google, I will donate what is left in my PayPal tomorrow.
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by LSM3 View Post
                    Just donated $21. Is it much...nope. Its all I had in my Paypal..lol. I CHALLENGE SOMEONE TO MATCH ME!!

!
                    I see your $21 and raise you four dollars. Thank you R3V
                    sigpic

Comment

I will be sending a donation when I get paid
                      '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                      '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
                      '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
                      '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

I just sent $25. I want it to go to beer at the annual party!

Comment

Originally posted by mccor023 View Post
                          Im confused, so R3V was advertising for Google and making an avg. $800 a month. And now no longer wants to advertise for Google so they need to compensate that loss revenue?
                          Is the current banner/ spotlight advertising pricing at the top of page not being adjusted to compensate the loss?
                          On a side side bar I'd be interested in seeing the Com-scores for site.
                          Its not that we don't want to work with Google, its that Google does not want to work with us.

Bannerads at the top are difficult to keep revenue coming in at. 90% of advertisers who contact me never respond after I give numbers, not even a, "that's too much" response. We charge similar to E30Tech and tbh this year I didn't have one renewel. I leave them at the top because they are still companies I trust to do business with.

I don't have Com-Scores per say, but here is a PDF from Google Analytics
                          Attached Files

Comment

Now the general thought is this. R3V will not go anywhere and I will continue to back it financially, without Google it would just be nice to receive help from time to time. Normally this would not be an issue, however I helped co-found a new company which has decreased my salary by nearly 30%, so I'm cutting back on several areas to keep going.

Could we get Google going again? certainly! However at what expense? If I change the site so much that it ruins the community yet keeps r3v going whats the point in the first place?

Comment

You dont have to explain anything. Stuff aint free. Someone has to pay. Lets help the guy out.

Comment

Working...
                              X