Who wants a belt?
Collapse
X
-
Haha, skiving the key loop for an order of a member here. I am super pleased with the leather too! Hand picked 11oz tooling saddle leather. Thick, supple and soft. -
Look! Lil tiny fancy pants belts!
I'm honestly astounded at the quality of the hides he's picked up. Can't wait to get one of these.
I'll be getting tighter spaced holes for a tighter, more proper fitting belt. Can't tell you how many times I've found myself needing to be between punches on other belts I've purchased and how damnned annoying it is when they stretch, tear, or warp holes.Leave a comment:
-
Leave a comment:
-
Changed out the buckle for my personal favorite! The nickel plated brass double bar buckle. I am not a fan of the snaps, I only installed them to give an idea. I personally love figure 8 stitching. Snaps do not hold down the bulge no matter how many you use since you cannot get them closer than 1/2". I also went through with a razor and beveled the edges and skived the buckle area to fit it slimmer. I did it all by hand so it took a great deal longer. Then I used a leather hammer and hammered the flap to make a solid bend.


Pictures with the three other colors on sample cuts. Left to dry in the sun after two coatings. The black is a gel coat, so it was a bit harder to get to sink in. I am going to use a cotton cloth next time and rub it in harder on the belts
Remember that this is veg tanned leather, so it reacts very well to stains and oil treatments. These are just samples, so the edges are not stained. All belts will come stained front and back before any snaps or sewing is done.
Color variations(light spots) are from the natural nature of leather.
Last edited by F34R; 08-21-2013, 01:40 PM.Leave a comment:
-
You will love it man! this is my second full grain belt that I own. My Dad bought me one a few years ago. Still have it! only changes are the patina from use.
DLSR all charged! enjoy some shots I took. Please note that I am missing the skiver tool, edging tool and a slot punch(all inbound).
The skiver will thin the leather where it rolls over for the buckle. That allows it to fold without bulk. The edging tool makes the fresh cut sides round and smooth. The slot punch makes the spot for the buckle keeper to slide through.
Remember that else are all handmade by me with hand tools. No machines and no chinese garbage.
Shown with Gap Indigo selvedge denim and a white cotton button up. Also using my key loop snap.
This is the natural color, untreated.
PLEASE NOTE** this is the first belt cut free hand for squaring the hide. I also did not have my edging tool in. None of them are slightly wavy at all.

Last edited by F34R; 08-21-2013, 01:41 PM.Leave a comment:
-
Definitely in! Bought time I get a decent belt, been buying $12 Burlington coat factory belts for the last 3 years. My last one split into 4 pieces.Leave a comment:
-
So tonight was squaring the leather free hand. So do not judge my first belt, I thought I would use the uneven edge one to make my personal belt first. I have a strap cutter inbound. It is set for the width then you run it even down the new level edge. I measured out a straight edge then ran a razor down a level. Then cleaned up the strap I just cut to make my belt free hand.
This is the natural color untreated, I will be making a few sample squares and taking pictures with my DLSR tomorrow.
I am just thrilled with the outcome, the leather takes very well to the oil on my hands. I am going to wear it for a few months then seal it with beeswax.
Also made a strap loop for my keys with a snap for easy use. I am sure I am not alone out there with not enjoying keys in my pocket.



Unlike most companies that use two snaps I went for a single snap that is larger. It looks very clean this way and holds together crazy strong.

I will be starting a FS thread in the random section to keep track of orders due to forum rules of selling in correct sections. I will have the remaining tools Tuesday to make these the way I want. I am awaiting the strap tool and the corner edger tool to round the straps from the cuts(makes smooth edges).Leave a comment:
-
Hide looks good! Very excited to see the final product.
You inspired me to use my leathercraft skills also, my wife's purse broke yesterday so I made her another.Leave a comment:
-
Yes, I have everything to stitch anything you want. Send me a PM of what you are thinking if the local cannot do it. Guessing something for bullets? Like an old west style for a 9mm or something?Leave a comment:
-
Cant wait to see the pics.
Are you able to stitch leather? I am working on an idea for a new gun belt, and if this local belt maker cant do it, I may be getting in contact with you.Leave a comment:
-
I have good news and bad news. First the good, got the package today and the leather is gorgeous and damage free. Bad news is the hide is a double shoulder. That means it is not as wide or long as I thought I ordered. I can still make belts, just not that many and nothing over 49". It is 23"x49" so I can make 15 belts from this hide. I also have enough leather to make some bracelets for the shorter tails.
So if your waist measures 49" end to end this will not fit. I like to have around 6-7" overlap for the first belt loop. Below is a picture on how to measure your belt. If you do it wrong it is not my fault.

Leave a comment:
-
I love their shoes, that is something I am going to tackle for myself one of these days...
Honestly at this point I have to go make a run and buy more leather. Currently I have more orders than two hides can produce. I will have finished product once the buckles arrive. I am thinking by this weekend they will get in. I am cutting and staining all three colors then adding the buckles later. Gives an idea what the leather looks like finished opposed to a picture.
In short, next week I will have more leather and can take on more orders. These will be awesome, I am huge into fashion and a perfectionist. So the end result will be perfect.Leave a comment:
-
I may be down for one even though I just dropped good money on an Allen Edmonds belt. When would I have to decide?Leave a comment:
-

Leave a comment: