If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Hey,, that's really a fashionable belt you'd made !!
Your pic reminds me when I tried to make my own belt,, seriously !!
But I failed to made it since I was having the black leather which was not in a proper proportion i.e it was just like a scarf with an improper shape so I decided to make a belt of it,, my problem was that, I tried to cut the leather in the same manner of a belt but couldn't cut it properly plus the color of my belt was dull ,,
Hey,, can do a favor for me please,, after looking at your pic it seems like you'd cut it plus that the triangle that you made in the front sounds like a professional to me,, so will you please guide me what should I do to make a proper belt??
Thanks in advance :) :)
Not really sure the steps are the same for me as they would be for you. When I start making a belt I use a full side. That is the whole side of the cow. For making one belt that would be crazy expensive. Then all the tools and the craftsmanship that goes into them. Not really sure if you are after a high end belt or just something to keep your pants up.
Long run it would be cheaper to buy one from me. I own all the tools, I bought all the hides, stains, buckles, snaps and rivets.
It takes about 2hrs to make the belt ready for stain. Then you set the hardware after the staining. Install the buckle and buff the belt for 10-15mins. You have to work the oils into the leather to bring back the supple nature of the leather. The staining process makes it rigid.
It is a Oxblood with a patina finish brass buckle and a double artisan stitch.
Stitch is shown when in use. I wanted a stylish contrast for suits and dark denim jeans.
Hey,, that's really a fashionable belt you'd made !!
Your pic reminds me when I tried to make my own belt,, seriously !!
But I failed to made it since I was having the black leather which was not in a proper proportion i.e it was just like a scarf with an improper shape so I decided to make a belt of it,, my problem was that, I tried to cut the leather in the same manner of a belt but couldn't cut it properly plus the color of my belt was dull ,,
Hey,, can do a favor for me please,, after looking at your pic it seems like you'd cut it plus that the triangle that you made in the front sounds like a professional to me,, so will you please guide me what should I do to make a proper belt??
Thanks in advance :) :)
Got my belts in a while back. Been wearin em every day and my pants haven't fallen down once. The colors look really great in person and it's been fun to finally sport my vintage brass BMW buckle on such a stylish belt.
Here is the one for Holland from the anonymous forum member.
He wanted a red tint to the black belt. So I did a lighter black with more marble effect. Let it dry then ran a coat of oxblood over it to tint the white streaks. Came out perfect as you can see.
Leave a comment: