No announcement yet.

Grammar and credibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised no one called out the OP for saying he could care less about other people's grammar.

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

OP's a troll
      1988 e30 alpine white vert 5speed
      1987 e30 325 eta
      1983 e28 533
      2001 x5 4.4l
      1997 e36 M3 Alpine white 5speed
      1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
        Complains about grammar using run on sentence.

Oh the ironing.

Edit: was tl;dr, I think I got wooshed.
        Haha win.

Comment

I can't spell worth shit, but I'm not that stupid. Just have always struggled with spelling.

Comment

This is the way I've always looked at issues like this, and the way I plan to explain it to my students in the future: Proper written English is not the same language as spoken English. I'd say it's about as similar as American English is to...well...English English. The same theory could be applied to text used in informal media such as instant messages, texts, etc. If you use one "language" when another is more appropriate, the results of that choice are generally negative. Know the difference and you'll be just fine.

Also, I realize I'm arguing to use a more formal version of English in what is really a more informal setting. People here (or at least some of them) seem to take it pretty seriously though, so it would behoove one to pay attention to that.
            Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
              I personally appreciate and value when people take the time to portray and convey their intent and concept by typing it in a way that can be grasped by 75% of people, and that's good enough for me. As long as it makes sense, and I know where to pause and shift concepts, I'm good.
              Im trina restoremy e30 cause im trina mod it can i swap a e36 engins in my car cause my buddy haz a 92 325 with a blown motor. What rimz r these? Ur a dick im jus trina mod my car and i wanna know if e92 steering wheel will fit with 19s
              1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
              You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                Im trina restoremy e30 cause im trina mod it can i swap a e36 engins in my car cause my buddy haz a 92 325 with a blown motor. What rimz r these? Ur a dick im jus trina mod my car and i wanna know if e92 steering wheel will fit with 19s
                if it was involving mk2 golfs and jettas it would be most of vw vortex!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                  Regardless, poor spelling and grammar comes off as uneducated.

Originally posted by evandael View Post
                  If you can't take care in what your write, people won't care to read it.
                  I agree with both but most of the time I read it anyways to see how comical it gets with the bad grammar. I come on this forum to help pass the time at work when I'm not busy.

I've have probably spelled something wrong in this response...lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
                  sigpic
                  Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Poorboyz View Post
                    ... I've have probably spelled something wrong in this response...

yep!

Comment

I mean, English is about the #1 hardest language to master. This is totally evident by the throngs of individuals who are native speakers, yet what they say/write resembles nothing in the English language.

If we all spoke Yiddish we'd be better off anyways.
                      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

here is an example of some good fucking mastery of of the engrish spanklage:

Today me and my dad were bakery shopping when we rolled thru this street and spotted two e30 m3 and stop to see them. We noticed that they have been sitting for quite a while and decided to knock on the front door and ask for the owner. This guy comes out and says can I help you, we were like would you like to sell them bmws acted like we didn't know about what kind of cars they were and he told us. Yea I would like to get rid of them ugly ass cars how much would you give me for them a pieces and there your. Me and my dad looked at each other like really. How about 2gs a piece his like aaaaaaaaaaa I guess it turns out that one of them was a real one lug m3 that was a track car with an evo 2.5 engine that works with a great body, chipped paint and the other one a 2.3l m3 that has never been started since a long time doesn't know that if it runs or not. Good body mostly carbon fiber body, trunk, hood, doors, fenders, wing so he said I got the original parts that came of it in great condition so me and my asked what's the story he said they used to belong to his dad way back and passed away recently and were given to him. He said not my style I want them gone that's it. He has all the paper work in hand and that he would take 4gs for both of them. So me and my dad are suppose to stop by sunday to check them out. What you guys think!!!!!!! That car are in great interior condition they were parked inside a three car garage and paint fall from sitting outside recently they are not missing anything body wise or engine wise or interior wise full car!!!!!!!
                        i am disapoint that this thread was closed. :( once in a while i go back there and read a page or two because it makes me laugh so much.
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                          here is an example of some good fucking mastery of of the engrish spanklage:

i am disapoint that this thread was closed. :( once in a while i go back there and read a page or two because it makes me laugh so much.
                          Shit man, I had no idea it was locked.

Ruined my day.
                          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by evandael View Post
                            yep!
                            Autocorrect doesn't always work...but those words are spelled correctly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
                            sigpic
                            Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Working...
                            X