Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vinyl Records

Ok, this is a bad, really bad idea.

Who is into finding good/great sounding records on vinyl?

Have you found a good online source with great selection, or just using eBay and CL?

thanks!
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

I dunno how it's a bad idea. Vinyl is just better. Not in any realistically tangible way. But it is.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

I just go to my local record store. Or buy from the band directly.

Comment

ebay
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

I get them from local stores

If you want to buy records that were released a long time ago avoid buying new pressings.
          Sometimes the new pressings are remastered, and the modern remasters tend to be junk.

Go for the original pressings and masters if you can find some that are not very worn down.

Oh, and grab a vintage turntable (usually dirt cheap) and a good cartridge/Needle
          Originally posted by kendogg
          Don't know, but the E90 wasn't designed from the ground-up intending to be a racecar like the E30 was.
          OG RACECAR

Comment

OR local underground music stores and just random local little shops. Hell i found some bitchin records in a arcade/sports store in Big Bear Lake. He was always was getting new old school rock/metal albums all the time.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
              OR local underground music stores and just random local little shops. Hell i found some bitchin records in a arcade/sports store in Big Bear Lake. He was always was getting new old school rock/metal albums all the time.
              hey me and casey went a talked to that guy like a month or two ago, dingy little shop but the guy was really cool
              88 325is Five Speed
              Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
                I dunno how it's a bad idea. Vinyl is just better. Not in any realistically tangible way. But it is.
                More expensive.

Inferior sound quality (that degrades the more you use it)

= definitely better?

If you have a really quality stereo/headphone setup, you should be getting your music here.

HDtracks is a high-resolution music platform for music lovers to download their favorite tracks in master studio quality. Join us today for the ultimate listening experience!
                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                  More expensive.

Inferior sound quality (that degrades the more you use it)

= definitely better?

If you have a really quality stereo/headphone setup, you should be getting your music here.

https://www.hdtracks.com/
                  The beauty of it lies in the imperfection man. Nothing beats that warm crackle and pop that comes out of the speakers when you set the needle loose on the groove
                  Originally posted by kendogg
                  Don't know, but the E90 wasn't designed from the ground-up intending to be a racecar like the E30 was.
                  OG RACECAR

Comment

Same reason i like carburetors...
                    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Crackle and pop? Jesus fuck, quit beating the shit out of your vinyl and clean it!

Stage 1 is a spray can of TCE and a microfiber brush to get the mold release compound out, then a thorough cleaning with either a nitty gritty or a keith monks cleaner, then treat it to a proper anti-friction coating...lose all the clicks and pops forever!

Closing SOON!
                      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I only have a few vinyl records from one my favorite band so I really can't comment much...but I do love the sound of vinyl. I know the last record I bought was available in two different versions, I believe they were the weights of the vinyl? I bought the heavier nicer one and it sounds great.
                        91 318is M50 swapped
                        05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

The only albums that I've bought off ebay are ones that were never released in the US. I mostly buy from local shops. I'm fortunate that I probably have about a dozen shops within an hour drive, but I have two main ones that are my favorite. Half the fun of vinyl is spending hours digging through bins and talking music with other customers or the store owner.

Comment

I use to do alot of vinyl shoping back in the day. That all stopped, when the internet and bullshit computer programs, took over the art of DJing.

At one time, I had close to 4k records., whole albums, singles & imports of just about every kind of music. Went through my (I want to be a producer) stage, in the 90s while DJing at local venues and doing private parties.

I still love the sound and feel of vinyl records, if you take care of your records like Luke mentioned and use a quality "Ortofon" needles, you will get some of the most awesome sound out of your music collection.

I'm now left with about 500 records, of stuff that reminds me of my youth.
                            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

You should venture out to the Bay Area.
                              There are tons of cool shops in Berkeley, San Francisco, and Oakland.
                              Amoeba's got some, as do others. :up:

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Working...
                              X