Taking a sick day- wat do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking a sick day- wat do?

So before you all rag on me about being responsible, and that 'in this economy can you really afford to whoopty whap whatever...' yes, I really am not feeling well and I don't think it's in anyone's best interest for me to be dealing with customers at work. With that out of the way

The weather is shitty and I don't really want to leave the house so here are my ideas to keep myself entertained

CBC radio 1
    fap
    I still have season 1 of The Wire rented that I haven't watched yet
    Wikipedia-> Random article
    HYPETRAK. some new music
    ???
    For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
    Originally posted by mbonanni
    I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Fill up on gas.

Drive as far in one direction as you can get on 1/2 a tank.

Take pictures.

Drive back.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

I like this idea

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
      Fill up on gas.

Drive as far in one direction as you can get on 1/2 a tank.

Take pictures.

Drive back.

If that's out of the question though, watch season 1 of the wire...it's pretty amazing
      1988 Atlantisblau Euro/Japanese 325i Cabriolet
      1989 Schwartz 325i - now M50 powered! - now very dead
      1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited
      My 17,000km Big NA National Parks trip!

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
        So before you all rag on me about being responsible, and that 'in this economy can you really afford to whoopty whap whatever...' yes, I really am not feeling well and I don't think it's in anyone's best interest for me to be dealing with customers at work. With that out of the way

The weather is shitty and I don't really want to leave the house so here are my ideas to keep myself entertained

CBC radio 1
        fap
        I still have season 1 of The Wire rented that I haven't watched yet
        Wikipedia-> Random article
        HYPETRAK. some new music
        ???

from novascotia?

spend some time reading Buck65's stories on facebook...
        dude's a brilliant writter.
        Originally posted by flyboyx
        i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

good for you for taking a sickation. in my industry, we call this anal glaucoma. basically it is for those days when you can't see yourself getting your ass to work.

just drive over to peggy's cove and shoot photos. a little inland there is a dark brown building with a bunch of nautical stuff hanging on the outside. beside there to the left is an old wooden row boat painted minty green floating in the water next to the dock. very surreal. i can and have spent pretty much the entire day taking photos within walking distance of that spot.

i love driving down that southeast shoreline. beautiful. if you take off tomorrow as well, i would say drive up to cape bretton with your camping gear and spend the weekend in the woods. this is a place that i have never been to and it is actually on my bucket list of things to do.

i have been to the fundy side a couple times. other than seeing that amazing tidal bore(boats sitting next to the dock on the bottom of the bay at low tide), it is relatively not so pretty over there.

where in nova scotia are you exactly? halifax?
          Last edited by flyboyx; 09-26-2013, 06:32 AM.
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
            from novascotia?

spend some time reading Buck65's stories on facebook...
            dude's a brilliant writter.
            Read it daily, actually saw him play a couple weeks ago in NB. Jenn Grant was there and they did 3 songs together. It was an early evening show but it was still awesome.

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
            good for you for taking a sickation. in my industry, we call this anal glaucoma. basically it is for those days when you can't see yourself getting your ass to work.

just drive over to peggy's cove and shoot photos. a little inland there is a dark brown building with a bunch of nautical stuff hanging on the outside. beside there is an old wooden row boat painted minty green floating in the water next to the dock. very surreal. i can and have spent pretty much the entire day taking photos within walking distance of that spot.

where in nova scotia are you exactly? halifax?
            Yeah I'm out in Bedford just outside of peninsular Halifax. As much as I've been taking the attitude of not wasting a single day and always at least taking a scenic route home from work I really don't feel up for going anywhere. I totally have the man-cold syndrome.

I honestly don't like taking time off work for being sick but it's likely better for everyone overall as a bit of r&r usually brings me back to 100 and I don't subject my co workers to my grumpiness :hitler:
            I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Go to spryfield and catch the herps

Comment

lol you've really got a beef with Spryfield, dont you? Not that it's unfounded...

I am a pursit now.

Comment

lol no I really don't, I was just told my my past employer to "stay away from Spryfield" when I used to travel to Hali...I just drove through it, and it seemed fine by me, maybe a bit of a lesser income area but it's not 'ghetto' by anymeans.

bought some super cheap Alpine beer tho...drove through my 1st ever roundabout in NS too...freaked me the fk out

I've dj'd at some clubs in the maritimes, and Halifax had always been hit and miss...mostly hit tho

Comment

Gtav
                    91 318is M50 swapped
                    05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Sick day. What the fuck is that???? If I dont show up for work I better be dead or cose to it laying in a hospital bed
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        Sick day. What the fuck is that???? If I dont show up for work I better be dead or cose to it laying in a hospital bed
                        Right on. Not sure if that was just a CSB, or if you were trying to seem impressive with how important you are. I know you make great money, I pull maybe 30K gross and I work in the parts dept. of a Subaru dealership. That's probably why I can take a day off when I'm ill and you are expected not to.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

I don't get sick days, LUCKY.
                          "I wanna see da boat movie"
                          "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

just chill. These days are needed. I don't let work control my life, if I need a break my boss is cool and I take a day to pull myself together. I took a class about 2 years ago that discussed how we as a society are to busy, especially with out jobs. Studies prove that people that take time for themselves are more tuned into there work when on the job.

Enjoy it homie.
                            sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

I don't get sick days, but I have so much vacay to burn my boss told me to take time off.

I hate doing it though because my parts room gets fucked up and I come back to a disaster zone.

Buuuut fuck it. I'm taking some time off to work on my e30 and spend some time with my new little girl.
                              1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Working...
                              X