X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do i move or do i stay????

Hello R3v,

I have a question.
    I just came back from a 6 Month job in Sacramento,during that time My parents moved from a House into a Smaller Condo. Now that im back i dont really have a place to stay. Right now im sleeping on the sofa downstairs.
    I have to share the bathroom with my younger sister and lets just say we dont get along that well.

Right now i drive an hour to work,and would like to close that gap.

I found a one bedroom Away from my mom, she gets on me ABOUT EVERYTHING,I cant stand it. always moving my stuff without telling me.
    I really NEED my own bathroom and Room.
    My personal property is spread out at three different places in two different states, there is NO room here for my stuff.
    Right now i have a few boxes of stuff and my dufflebag of clothes. My toolbox is at work.

The benefits of my own apartment is.
    Personal freedom....... AKA doing whatever the fuck i want.
    I moved out when i was 20 ,and lived on my own till i was 24.

Having people over, My parents house looks like a magazine cover,seriously its always neat and pretty. Eating anywhere other than the table is automatic death.

"sex" Yeah its true No girl wants to fuck someone who lives at their parents home. I always go to her house. Last year i had some girl spend the night,and i didnt hear the end of it for six months.

Not so good,

Most apartments dont have washer/dryer in unit.

No garage/covered parking.

Right now,when it rains i can park my e28 in the garage.
    Plus not worry about it getting dinged.

Spare money for cool stuff,goes to rent,Right now i pay $100

Dog
    My dog plays with my sisters puppy all day,and she takes my dog out when im at work,so atleast she can go pee. the dog at a apartment would require me to find a dog day care center,thus.

What would you do.

same situation. i don't make much money, so i live at home, despite the commute. i could afford rent, but at the cost of saving money (hoping to go to grad school next year, or at least blow it all on e30's and my girlfriend).

you can find decent washer/driers on clist for $50 each or less. some apartments have hookups. also, leave your dog for your sister. you can play with her on the weekends.

i'm starting to get fed up with a lack of autonomy and freedom. ask yourself.. is it worth about $20 a day to be a free woman? if so.. find your own place.

Comment

Get used to the idea of a different living situation?

If it were me, I would get my own place, bring the dog, gather my stuff, and live my life. And that's exactly what I have done numerous times.

Deal with the lack washer and dryer if you need to. Laundromats exist.
      No garage/Covered parking. Deal with it. Or find a place that does have them. If you're that concerned buy a beater or a different car to drive and park your mechanical baby somewhere safe.

As for the dog, leaving it at the parents house except for weekend? Terrible idea evandael. A dog is a responsibility not unlike a child. Don't push it onto others.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

How much do you make. How much is average rent in the area you want to live in?

In your position if you make 3 times the amount of rent that's a start. If rent, utilities and food are going to take your entire budget then don't.

Comment

Move.

You will constantly be passive-aggressive towards your family members and hate your living situation until you move. No point in hating your life when you can change it.
          world renown Harry Potter expert
          sigpic

Comment

strikingly similar situation here as well. Must gather all belongings spread over two states and get my life going.

Living with parents is utter horse shit.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
            Ig:ryno_pzk
            I like the tuna here.
            Originally posted by lambo
            Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

two bedroom with a room mate? better apartment-less money..... i used to rent rooms in my house to other crew members for 300 bucks a month with all bills paid. start looking on craigslist and see if you can find a good situation with a few victoria secrets super models that love dogs. you will be golden my friend.
              Last edited by flyboyx; 09-29-2013, 07:27 PM.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Move witch, get out da way, get out the way witch, get out da way!
                @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Clearly your independence is more important than your posessions.

In that case, move out.

I was in the same situation when I was 24. I had this e30, and a winter beater. I was still in university and was able to afford living with my GF, so I moved out. Drove the beater year round and enjoyed my freedom of not having my dad always on my a$$ about every little thing

Left the e30 in storage somewhere and paid 30 bux a month for that.

Never went back. Never will
                  If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

I know it's very popular here in Texas for folks with garage apartments to rent for dirt cheap. Few of my moms neighbors rent them including use of the bays. I would start looking at those if possible.

Comment

id say bail if you can afford it. I just moved back in with my parents because im going back to school and within a week I had thoughts like "well, maybe i can find a studio and eat rice and beans.." I cant stand living here. I dont have a room either. my shit is piled in the basement. i just got a dresser two days ago. until then i had been living out of a suitcase.

Comment

Today I learned that most of r3v still lives at home with their parents.
                        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

If you can afford it get the F out. Luckily I have had the ability to move out at 19 and haven't lived in my parts house more than a summer since 18. Move out if you can afford to do it and not hurt yourself in the process.

I can't imagine living at home again, my sister lived at my parents house for fucking ever (like 28-30ish I think). She even had her boyfriend move in with them when he moved back from grad school fucking weird as shit.
                          2011 JGC daily, 1985 944

Comment

where do you work in phoenix? I just moved into my apartment in Chandler literally yesterday, got a good deal on it, nice small 1br, has everything i need plus more, including a garage washer dryer etc, for about 600 a month. Im pretty happy, no more loud obnoxious roommates :D

i know its tricky to find a spot for cheap with those amenities out here, but if your not picky with where you end up, they're out here. if you cant find one, you get used to living without them, trust me, id much rather have to hit the laundromat once a week and leave the car outside then live at home

Oh and GTFO of your parents house, find a roommate if you need to.

Comment

Originally posted by xxx-Lost-Soul-xxx View Post

Right now i drive an hour to work,and would like to close that gap.

Do a cost analysis simply on the amount of gas you spend for driving 2 hours a day, and consider the wear and tear on your car/maintenance.

I don't know the prices of the places you can move to, or how much you make.
                              But i'm willing to bet that the fuel savings alone will cover a third of your rent, +100 that you already give your parents.

If i were you, i'd move out.

Comment

Working...
                              X