Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I root and run CyanogenMod on my HTC One?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I root and run CyanogenMod on my HTC One?

Been debating doing this for a while, and now CynaogenMod has released their installer as an app in the Google Play store. You run the app along with a desktop client, and it does the whole damn thing for you. I'm not really scared about doing it, I was at one point, but not really now. I just seems like it blows the OS wide open from a customization and usability standpoint, and Sense has very limited customization. Opinions?

My phone broke yesterday, (see:screen shattered) if that was not the case I'd have done this. I flashed a leaked update onto it and it was quite easy, my first foray into that type of thing, then did a few rom managers and such, but this it the easiest way to debloat, and customize even more. Go for it!

Comment

I'm still too chicken to mod my Galaxy Nexus. It's my only phone and I kind of (completely) depend on it. I have SDK and everything, but the possibility of bricking or wiping it is keeping me away at this point.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

I've had an S3 and now a note 2. Gone through probably 20 roms between the two. Very easy to do and very dependable if you find a stable rom.

s50 86 325e Project

S50 - BBS - Recaro - BC Coilovers - Morimoto H1 Retrofit

Feedback Thread

Comment

I currently run CM 10.2 nightlies for my LG G2, and currently there are enough issues that I will be going back to a debloated CleanRom 1.0 ROM. Check XDA forums for issues others may be having and possible fixes you can flash.

CyanogenMod is quite nice, check to see if there is a good P.A.C. Rom out there, which combines Paranoid Android, AOKP and CM, really a bitchin ROM.

Link of probably the 3 most popular ROMs out there compared

Comment

had my dorid 3 rooted for about a year now, I did mostly to kill all the factory bloatware on the thing. I say go for it
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

I've been running cleanrom 5.0 fore AT&T note 2 for probably the last 6 months with only updating as they drop updates and only had my phone freeze 2 oe 3 times. Nothing a hard restart couldn't fix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

s50 86 325e Project

Feedback Thread

Comment

Did it last night. Had a couple of hangups, but my One is running CM 10.2 with no issues, and I LOVE IT. My phone is noticeably faster, battery life is better, and no stupid T-Mobile/Sense bloatware. I should have done this the day I got it, but it's probably better now, it's like having a new, faster phone again.

Comment

I have been itching to try a new ROM on my HTC One ever since it started bugging out with syncing. Time to try! Thanks
                  My Seller/Buyer Feedback

Performance Aftermarket Parts & Accessories

Comment

Any way to dumb down this subject a little. Have verizon Samnsung G3 and want to get rid of stock OS.

Comment

Visit xda-developers, should have step by step for you.

s50 86 325e Project

Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by yahh View Post
                        Visit xda-developers, should have step by step for you.

\
                        Don't even need that. Download the CyanogenMod Installer from the Google Play store, download the companion desktop client, does the whole thing for you.

Comment

Did it wipe your phone? Any way to backup/restore contacts and stuff using the CM client?

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
                            Did it wipe your phone? Any way to backup/restore contacts and stuff using the CM client?
                            Yeah, full wipe. I got all my contacts back when I reinstalled all the Google apps and synced.

Comment

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
                              All your contacts should be synced with google. I use SMS Backup+ to back up text messages to my gmail account
                              My Seller/Buyer Feedback

Performance Aftermarket Parts & Accessories

Comment

Working...
                              X