IT RUNS! Heat Press - build thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CabbE30
    replied
    This picture made me so horny

    Leave a comment:


  • jaywood
    replied
    Originally posted by ELVA164
    Wow, those fabrication pictures make me really wish I had somewhere to practice/learn welding...
    Go buy a welder! Practice and practice. I'm all self taught (and youtube). MIG is pretty easy to wire

    Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30
    This is Sick I wanna see some of the stuff you make it looks cool.
    Thanks man. I'll post up some pics of the stuff we've been making lately.

    Leave a comment:


  • ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    This is Sick I wanna see some of the stuff you make it looks cool.

    Leave a comment:


  • ELVA164
    replied
    Wow, those fabrication pictures make me really wish I had somewhere to practice/learn welding...

    Leave a comment:


  • jaywood
    replied
    Updates. I got the press done, finally. It works! :) There are a few bugs that I still need to work out, but for the most part it's ready to go!



    Here's the sliding table





    And a video: (BTW, it shouldn't be running with that BUZZING sound, we got a faulty unit which will have to be replaced)

    Leave a comment:


  • jaywood
    replied
    Originally posted by squidmaster
    fucking nuts. amazing work
    Thanks man :p

    Leave a comment:


  • squidmaster
    replied
    fucking nuts. amazing work

    Leave a comment:


  • jaywood
    replied
    Just a couple updates. I got the press inside finally. All of the air hoses are hooked up. We got the 220 wired in closer so we don't have to run long extension cords. Electrical is hooked up. Gauges work, heating elements work, air works, etc. It's all ready to go, just gotta finish up a few things :)



    This is how the 1" aluminum heating plate is held on. It can't be just bolted because of the heat -- expansion and what not. So they are all spring loaded.



    MDF on the bottom which will be pushing up the 3/8" aluminum sliding table.



    Leave a comment:


  • jaywood
    replied
    School started for me so I haven't had as much time to work on this. I do have a bit of progress however. I mounted the heating elements and the C channel aluminum that will hold the insulation.





    Leave a comment:


  • jaywood
    replied
    Originally posted by george graves
    Wow - nice controllers. So I guess you go through a pre-heat, and ramp up, and a sealing heat. One for each? I love that e-stop button!
    Thanks GG.

    There are 3 heat controllers on there and 1 timer. The three on the left are: "left heat" "center heat and "right heat". Each controller has some cool features built into it that do basically what you're saying. But there are three because the entire aluminum plate needs to be the same temp and if you only have 1 sensor, the middle is going to end up being hotter than the ends, or vice versa depending on where you put the sensor.

    Leave a comment:


  • george graves
    replied
    Wow - nice controllers. So I guess you go through a pre-heat, and ramp up, and a sealing heat. One for each? I love that e-stop button!

    Leave a comment:


  • jaywood
    replied
    Originally posted by kingston
    Wow, this is so cool! What does it cost to get a print done like this? Would love to have a couple done!!
    It's somewhat expensive, the material we print on is very high quality. I'll send you a PM :)

    Leave a comment:


  • kingston
    replied
    Wow, this is so cool! What does it cost to get a print done like this? Would love to have a couple done!!

    Leave a comment:


  • jaywood
    replied
    Made some progress lately. The hoses are hooked up. Pressure works. All the rams work. Made a dash for all of the switches/controllers as well. Here's some pics









    Leave a comment:


  • jaywood
    replied
    Originally posted by Fusion
    How do you plan to heat the plate(s)? What is the estimated pressure?
    Looking awesome so far.
    Heating strips that run the width of the aluminum. There will be plenty of them so the heat will be nicely dissipated. Operation temp depends on what we'll be making, but max is 400 F.

    Edit: thought you said temperature.....The pressure is sub 100PSI.

    Thanks! :)

    Leave a comment:

Working...