Do you believe in karma etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you believe in karma etc

so here's my story and i'm wondering if anyone else has had something else similar happen

my wife and i are taking care of her parent's house while its for sale (they are both recently disabled). part of the upkeep is mowing an acre of grass, yard work etc. well there is this feral cat, looks like a cinnamon siamese type cat, really cool looking but super skittish, never able to get within 30 feet of the cat.

this year we had to put down our two siamese cats of 18 years, and the male, simba, was super attached to me. and me to him. really by far the coolest, neatest most friendly pet i've ever had (4 cats, 4 dogs). putting him down was the hardest thing i've ever had to do.

so, the day after putting samba down, i was at the in-laws neighbor to ask about clearing some of the property line etc, and the feral cat walks out from under some bushes about 20 feet away. so the sap in me talks to the feral cat about simba, how sad i am that he's gone, what an awesome cat he was, and this feral cats calmly walks over to me and lays upside down near my feet. so i sit down and pet this cat for about 5 minutes, he's purring etc., and then he just gets up and walks away.

i've never been able to get closer than 30 feet to him since

karma? sympathy? weird tho, but i still think about it 6 months later
    Last edited by gwb72tii; 12-19-2013, 06:35 PM.
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

Nope.
    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
    ~ '87 535
    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Cat was stoned, no karma.
      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Cats are very perceptive. One of ours knows when my one of my knees is bugging me. When I sit in one of the recliners with the feet up or lay in bed, he will lay right next to it and gently kneed it with his claws retracted trying to make it better. Even when I try not to let on that one is bugging me. They are predators, and notice everything and prolly sees a slight change in my gait or how I stand or shift my weight.

Predators make the best pets. that feral cat is responding to your voice and your body language which is prolly less threatening than in the past
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

^Agreed w/ mrsleeve.

Comment

In response to thread title:

Nope.
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              that feral cat is responding to your voice and your body language which is prolly less threatening than in the past
              then he made a value judgment. which is why he longer comes within 30'

Comment

Originally posted by 2761377 View Post
                then he made a value judgment. which is why he longer comes within 30'
                This made me laugh
                Smart kitty
                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

No, good things and shitty things happen to everyone all the time. People just tend to assign these coincidences to karma. This random good thing happened to me because of that good thing I did last week or that shitty thing happened to my coworker because he was rude yesterday.

In your situation sounds like you were in a certain mood that made the interaction seem more meaningful. Would it have had an impact had you not lost your cat?

It doesn't matter though, because it made you feel better and there is nothing wrong with that.

Dustin Wark | Instagram tumblrFlickr

Comment

Originally posted by audiwark View Post
                    It doesn't matter though, because it made you feel better and there is nothing wrong with that.
                    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

I don't believe in things that aren't real.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        Cats are very perceptive. One of ours knows when my one of my knees is bugging me. When I sit in one of the recliners with the feet up or lay in bed, he will lay right next to it and gently kneed it with his claws retracted trying to make it better. Even when I try not to let on that one is bugging me. They are predators, and notice everything and prolly sees a slight change in my gait or how I stand or shift my weight.

Predators make the best pets. that feral cat is responding to your voice and your body language which is prolly less threatening than in the past
                        This.

Also, I don't believe in Karma as a mystic force (sorry, that's my best way to describe it, not trying to be patronizing), nor do I beleive that God will reward you on earth for good deeds, but I do beleive that bringing positivity to the world will reward you with feelings of good will and that will open the door for more good things to happen in your human interactions.

Lots of tough guys in this thread, though.
                        For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                        Originally posted by mbonanni
                        I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

You make your own karma.

I'm a pretty nice guy and shitty shit happens to me all the time. Then when I'm an asshole, shittier things happen to me.

So I'm pretty fucked all around.
                          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
                            I do beleive that bringing positivity to the world will reward you with feelings of good will and that will open the door for more good things to happen in your human interactions.
                            So what you're telling me... Is you believe in Karma.

Personally, I believe Karma is a real thing. Not sure about the mechanics of it, as it could simply come down to a very real ripple effect that you put out into the world with the decisions you make every day. Regardless, my own personal experiences have led me to believe that it is very real.
                            No E30 Club
                            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

i pretty much do believe in karma, but its hard for me to see how your interaction with the stray cat has anything to do it.

i consider myself a man of integrity. i like to think that others are as well. usually, i am disappointed. i won't let that change the way i look at the world though.

with that said, cool story bro!
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
                              X