Free shit rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free shit rules

So yeah, I was talking to some dude at Whiteface the other day and he told me about some ski site alpinezone.com that gives a bunch of unbiased ski reports etc. So I check it out. First thing I know is a member gave me two free night lodging near Loon/Cannon. Talk about a score and Ive never even met the guy. Looked up rates for mid week even and the place wants 150 a night and its got an in room jacuzzi. Talk about a score for me and the lady. So yeah while this isnt car related, anyone else ever score some free shit for doing absolutely nothing.

Wheres that guy who got like 2 s14's for pennies it seemed. While not free that qualifies. Lets here your free shit.
    Back to my roots

I got a free sandwich at Subway.....of course I had to by another sandwich to get it :-P

Jon
    Rides...
    1991 325i - sold :(
    2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

I got a bass guitar from the 70's from a windshield repair place one time. It was just sitting on the wall, and I asked the guy who's it was, and he said it was some guy's that used to work there, and he never came and got it. Told me I could have it. The neck was sort of broken, so I took it to a guitar shop to have it repaired. The guy said it would be like $30 to fix, so I go back the next week to get it, and he tells me "oh, it took a little more work than we thought, so the total comes to $120." They wouldn't let me take it without paying the $120, and since I got it for free, I said fuck it and never went back for it. So I don't know if that really counts, but I did get it for free initially.

Comment

i found $1000 dollars when i was 15. The ensuing trip to hawaii was SWEET.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG$COTT
          i found $1000 dollars when i was 15. The ensuing trip to hawaii was SWEET.
          Really? That's pretty badass.

Comment

I found 500 once when I was 14, but I was with my Dad and he made me turn it in. What a bastard.
            Back to my roots

Comment

Well seeing as some of you have found 500 and 1000 bucks, this won't seem all that great, but when you're 10 years old and you find a $100 bill in the middle of the street after some construction had been done, you're pretty excited. Now if I have only 100 bucks I feel poor.
              Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

100 bucks would buy alot of green beer this Friday.
                Back to my roots

Comment

I'm not as lucky. I found ten bucks at wild waves once, though.
                  -Peter
                  '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
                  '91 318is slicktop project
                  '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
                  '00 Tundra

Comment

I got a free ipod a few days ago. Legally.
                    sigpic
                    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

I lost $20 at an arcade once....

Oh wait....it's suppose to be a happy story...

I uhh...god, I never get lucky. LOL
                      - Sean Hayes

Comment

My boss gave me J-stock springs and the matching revalved Bilsteins for them for free :) Cost $300 to rebuild shocks and its like new!

Will
                        RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
                        Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
                        DaveCN = Old Man
                        My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
                        If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Found $400 while on vacation once, the ensuing shopping spree and free meals were nice.
                          '88 325

Comment

i found a pair of maui jim sunglasses at a hotel once, wore them for 2 years, chipped the lenses and sold them on ebay for $65, fully detailing that the lenses were chipped. not bad.

Comment

I get free pizza at work

Comment

Working...
                              X