Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever got a second opinion from a dentist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pac1373 View Post
    ^ reason and logic,And a wife, whom I believe is a female dentist...

I never understood why people are still willing to openly discriminate against someone based on gender.

I have had a couple of dentists, male, and female..some are good, some are bad. no gender correlation.
    It makes for some good jokes but in the real world women IN GENERAL are better suited to dentistry. They are more caring, nurturing and detail oriented in most cases than their male counterparts. Women consistently graduate higher in dental school at least in Minnesota.. But people are people ..Some are good , some not so much
    We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
    www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

My main dentist is a woman but the lead dentist who does a once over after cleaning is a guy. They both are very professional, nice, and honest. The guy actually used to ref some of my hockey games when I was younger, so I guess Im on a more personal basis then most people. Also, I just got fitted for a night guard to help protect my teeth from grinding at night. When they found out insurance didn't cover any of it, they agreed to pay 5%. :)

What I'm trying to say is op, if you have any doubts, find a new dentist.
      Current:
      1989 325i
      1988 M3
      1987 325ic
      Past:
      2001 330ci
      2001 M3

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
        This is probably one of the most ignorant things ive ever read on this site

"according to my wife, there is no such thing as a good female dentist"

And yes, why invest in a 80k dollar panoramic xray machine when all you need is a 1.99 hand mirror

If you dont trust your dentist, find another. There are lots of reputable dentists out there.
        unfortunately dentists are part of the human race and a given percentage are dishonest, Just like the general population
        so...there are actually three "ig'nant" items you have listed there. which one is actually the "most"?

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
        It makes for some good jokes but in the real world women IN GENERAL are better suited to dentistry. They are more caring, nurturing and detail oriented in most cases than their male counterparts. Women consistently graduate higher in dental school at least in Minnesota.. But people are people ..Some are good , some not so much
        you can say its stupid if you wish. thats cool with me. i think its the TECHNICAL aspect that women IN GENERAL lack that pisses off my wife. drilling and filling is VERY technical for those of you that don't know. unfortunately, you apparently don't need to be very proficient in doing good restoration work eek through dentist school. since she has been in the industry for many years, i would assume she knows more about it than i do. don't get me wrong, i agree with you about most of the points you made above, however, in my 43 years, i have can say that every molar in my mouth is a crown. several of them have been redone because the original work was shitty in the first place. woman or man, most dentists are shitty and do shitty work because the lack the ability to grasp the proper technical aspect of the job.

don't get me wrong, i would rather have scarlet johansen's fingers in my mouth than some burly 50 something dude with banana fingers.

Originally posted by jhaurimn View Post
        My main dentist is a woman but the lead dentist who does a once over after cleaning is a guy. They both are very professional, nice, and honest. The guy actually used to ref some of my hockey games when I was younger, so I guess Im on a more personal basis then most people. Also, I just got fitted for a night guard to help protect my teeth from grinding at night. When they found out insurance didn't cover any of it, they agreed to pay 5%. :)

What I'm trying to say is op, if you have any doubts, find a new dentist.

5%!!!? ??? wow. do you realize the lab cost for a night guard is only like 70 bucks? i assume your appliance cost between $300-700. the rest is profit for the company you call your dentist. no offense, but that doesn't even cover the inconvenience of them not having to deal with your insurance company. generally, paying cash is a 20-30% discount.
        Last edited by flyboyx; 02-07-2014, 11:25 PM.
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I have quite a few good friends that are dentists- in the Military. In my opinion, they are not very different than a mechanic you would bring your car to. Some are really good- and some just don't have the feel for it. After saying that, I'm glad I'm not a dentist- if you mess something up, you have some really big problems. And what they pay for Dental School, it is unreal! BTW 90% of the military dentists or contractors for the military that I've met seem to really care and know alot.

Comment

Working...
          X