Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forza 4 Drivers' Challenge #30 - Keep Nsquared97 interested!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay so power cut out at my house yesterday while I was playing. I didn't bother turning it back on, but today I went to give it a whirl and this is all I get. Controllers won't connect. It looks like they stop searching but they just won't connect. Bought a used controller from game stop, same issue. Anyway, this sucks. I'll look around for a used 360. I bet they're cheap now.
    Last edited by squidmaster; 03-26-2014, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Ugh, that's sucky/weird. Never even heard of that happening before. Protip: Get a Slim if you can; they run quieter and cooler, and have far less RROD failures.
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

I love this car, and I hate this track.

Did a few laps, put in a 1:08.9. No picture of crappy lap.

Comment

Originally posted by mulletman View Post
          I love this car, and I hate this track.

Did a few laps, put in a 1:08.9. No picture of crappy lap.
          What do you hate about it?
          Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

1:05.397
            Attached Files

Comment

I just mentioned this idea over on bf.c, let's see if we can get anyone else to join!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                What do you hate about it?
                Admittedly, I might be doing it wrong... but the constant 2nd gear corners irritate me, but not nearly as much as the change in surface does. The 2-Eleven is an awesome car at slightly higher speeds when the downforce gets working, and you can really wind it out.

I'm just slow, that's all. Haha.

Comment

Admittedly, I might be doing it wrong... but the constant 2nd gear corners irritate me, but not nearly as much as the change in surface does. The 2-Eleven is an awesome car at slightly higher speeds when the downforce gets working, and you can really wind it out.

I'm just slow, that's all. Haha.
                  Take a peek at my video higher up, I barely use second gear at all. That might help calm the car down a bit for you. Even if you don't go quite as quick at first, it'll make the car much more predictable as you pick up speed. It is a very nervous car though for sure.

Comment

Hey, I know I'm not super fast, but calling me NOcell on the leader board is a bit harsh! :D
                    91 318is Members' Rides Thread

Comment

I'll give it another go. Thanks for the help!

Any ideas for next week, guys?
                      Something a bit longer. Mugello full circuit, Maple Valley full circuit, maybe a section of the Nordschleife, Silverstone Grand Prix, Road America...

As for cars... How about a 190E? Or maybe a Z car, either Fairlady or 370? Pontiac Solstice GXP/Saturn Sky Red Line? Vauxhall VX220...

Renault Sport Clio V6 might be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Ocell View Post
                        Hey, I know I'm not super fast, but calling me NOcell on the leader board is a bit harsh! :D
                        Haha, whoops! I'll change it now.
                        I'll give it another go. Thanks for the help!

Something a bit longer. Mugello full circuit, Maple Valley full circuit, maybe a section of the Nordschleife, Silverstone Grand Prix, Road America...

As for cars... How about a 190E? Or maybe a Z car, either Fairlady or 370? Pontiac Solstice GXP/Saturn Sky Red Line? Vauxhall VX220...

Renault Sport Clio V6 might be fun.
                        You're welcome! It sounds like most of those cars fit into the C/B class area...How about we do something like Maple Valley, any RWD car, max rating of 500?

Comment

Haha, whoops! I'll change it now.

You're welcome! It sounds like most of those cars fit into the C/B class area...How about we do something like Maple Valley, any RWD car, max rating of 500?
                          Sounds awesome! Max rating of 500... so slow car + mods counts too? That would be really interesting.

Edit: I'm officially pissed that every time I have a 'dirty' lap on the current track, the next lap is always dirty before it starts. Argh! It's ruining all of my slow laps!

Not that it would fix my problem of sucking, though. Haha.

Comment

Haha, just use the dirty laps to try things! I see them as risk-free learning experiences (until the last timing sector, of course).

It depends; we could restrict starting class to C and B or go all-out. I will say the farther the car's starting rating is from the limit, the better the car usually ends up.

Comment

Haha, just use the dirty laps to try things! I see them as risk-free learning experiences (until the last timing sector, of course).

It depends; we could restrict starting class to C and B or go all-out. I will say the farther the car's starting rating is from the limit, the better the car usually ends up.
                              That was my theory as well. The first thing that came to mind when you mentioned a limit of 500 was a Datsun 510.

Comment

As for a specific car/track, Circuit de Catalunya with the Jag D-Type. I don't know what it is (probably sound of that engine), but I love that car despite how dated it is to drive. Polar opposite from the Lotus of this week though haha.

I do like the anything RWD, 500 point limit idea though. I'll probably spend 90% of the time just messing with cars and different setups, but that's what I enjoy the most about the game. And Road America was mentioned, I may be a bit (well really) biased, but that would be a lot of fun too.

Comment

Working...
                                X