Metropolitan Bovine Capsizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metropolitan Bovine Capsizing

As a farm kid shoving a sleeping cow off its feet had a certain comical quality to when a few too many adult beverages had been consumed.

Seems as though some urban hooligans have not let the lack of bovine-esque live stock with in the confines of the San Fransisco area stop them form from enjoying this largely rural tradition.

Originally posted by article
    12:21 p.m. Monday, April 7, 2014

Fourth Smart car found flipped in Bernal Heights
    KTVU.com and wires

SAN FRANCISCO —

Police in San Francisco are investigating why vandals in black hooded sweatshirts flipped four Smart cars on Monday in San Francisco's Bernal Heights and Excelsior neighborhoods.

Three Smart cars -- the compact, two-seaters designed to be fuel-efficient and easy to park in tight spaces -- were found flipped between 1 and 1:30 a.m. within about 10 blocks of each other, police Officer Gordon Shyy said.

Police reported that a fourth car was flipped in Bernal Heights at the intersection of Coso and Prospect late Monday morning.

The first car was found at about 1 a.m. in the 200 block of Anderson Street. That car had been flipped onto its roof, Shyy said.

Police then found a second Smart car flipped onto its side a few blocks away at Anderson Street and Ogden Avenue.

Then the vandals apparently moved across Interstate Highway 280 into the Excelsior and flipped a third car there onto its end, Shyy said.

Police responded to that call at about 1:30 a.m. and found the car at Bowdoin and Sweeny streets.

One witness told KTVU he saw a group of eight people in hooded sweatshirts walk up to his roommate's smart car and flip it vertically.

"First off, I was shocked. It was a little bit just like silly in my mind at first," said SF resident Brandon Michael. "[It was] definitely an act of vandalism."

All of the cars sustained shattered windows and body damage. The vehicles were placed back on their wheels and towed away.

The car tipping is being investigated as an act of felony vandalism and police are seeking multiple suspects who Shyy only described as wearing black hooded sweatshirts.

German auto manufacturer Smart Automobile started producing the tiny cars in the late 1990s. The cars have grown in popularity in San Francisco in recent years for their good gas mileage and ability to fit in tight parking spots.

"Smart car tipping" as a prank has existed almost as long as the Smart cars themselves, with numerous posts on social media showing photos and videos of the roughly 1,600-pound cars tipped on their sides, roofs or ends.

While the comical side of this remains and I should be more grown up and mature about this kinda thing, I do get a certain amount of joy from this. Oh hell I will be honest I laughed my ass off and love this is done to piss off tree huggers, hipsters, and other holier than thou own fart sniffing CA types (yes thats a South Park reference) ....................
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 04-08-2014, 01:09 PM.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Could not stop laughing, I would like to buy that group a round of brews.
    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
    ~ '87 535
    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Proof of evolution?

Comment

That is hilarious. I kinda want to try it.
        88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
        We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Farb:

No not really, just proof that you dont want to drive a small car where there are young hooligans about. Like the old school VW beetles that would end up roof's of interesting buildings (not us my dads generation mid 60's) or "parked" between a tree and light pole with 2 and 1/2 inches to spare on either end while your buddy was taking his date to a nice dinner. Or making friends with the senior custodial technician at the high school and having him open up the big big doors and drive your buddies beetle into the court yard in the center of the school late one Thursday night when he was stupid enough to leave his extra keys in your truck.....................

Drive a little shit box like that, when 6-7 guys can pick it up and move it about, you kinda get what you deserve, especially with the stigmata that comes with driving a Smart or Hybrid
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

This is great haha I don't even feel bad, "dumb" cars are garbage

Almost t-boned an idiot in one who pulled out in front of me the other day. I'm glad I didn't, I was in my e39 and she probably would have died
            '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
            '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
            '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
            '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              Drive a little shit box like that, when 6-7 guys can pick it up and move it about, you kinda get what you deserve, especially with the stigmata that comes with driving a Smart or Hybrid
              Property Rights 'Murica... just not for small cars, cuz you'd be stupid to drive one. ;)

Comment

haha i saw this last night. they need to start flippin prius' then we got something going.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

A long time ago, i was at a house party when we decided to leave a car was blocking my exit. Me and about 6 of my friends picked it up and moved it about 6 feet so i can leave. I can only imagine if that car would have been a smart car...

Comment

Malcontents.
                    2011 1M Alpine white/black
                    1996 Civic white/black
                    1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                      Could not stop laughing, I would like to buy that group a round of brews.
                      I hate your wheels. If I were to puncture your tires and smash the lips off them, I'd be justified in damaging your property because you like something I don't, right?
                      For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                      Originally posted by mbonanni
                      I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

I find this quite funny. If it happened to me, I would not be amused. That being said, insurance will most likely cover it (as long as the owners have a decent policy) and the damage will be repaired. Owners will get over it, and so will the news. I just hope the pranksters do funnier stuff next time.

If it were me and my drunk friends we most likely would have put the cars in horribly inconvenient/tight places (like sleeve mentioned). I would love to see a smart car in the middle of a sidewalk, or on a restaurants fenced-in outdoor seating area.

There is something that is oddly satisfying about destruction especially of stupid shit such as smart cars, prius', and all other things associated with elitist environmentalist hipsters.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                        Sounds like you need a massage.
                        Originally posted by kpeng
                        Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                          So if you drive what I presume is a shit box, can I smash it up with a hammer?

You're an odd one, Sleeve.
                          2011 1M Alpine white/black
                          1996 Civic white/black
                          1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

You don't fuck with a man's vehicle. Its against the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Hansel View Post
                              You don't fuck with a man's vehicle. Its against the rules.
                              A smart car is hardly what I would consider a "man's vehicle".

Comment

Working...
                              X