Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abandoned Places thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
    I couldn't really tell. no lights were on until we started messing around at the fence. and in the map you can see they have these huge berms built up around the buildings so you can only see the roof of most of them from ground level.

    I'll bet anything its still active....

    Notice how none of the silos are visible from the photos.....

    If I get some free time this summer I'll venture back out there during the day and see if I can get some shots. There are Silo locations all over our state. My parents county alone has 7 recorded locations.
    Ask Yan he might be able to tell you.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

    Comment


      #62


      took this on sunday
      My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
      1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
      IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
      1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
        Ask Yan he might be able to tell you.
        Yan?
        sigpic

        Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

        1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

        Instagram @rebellionforge

        Comment


          #64
          I want to check out a Titan silo here in AZ. There's one that's been converted into a museum but I want one of the abandoned ones. It's hard to find info online because they keep getting sealed up and the people who know where open ones are aren't talking.

          Originally posted by ROLLingKING
          i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
          Originally posted by slammin.e28
          Moral of this story?

          If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

          Comment


            #65
            Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
            Yan?
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/member.php?u=7882
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by accident View Post
              I want to check out a Titan silo here in AZ. There's one that's been converted into a museum but I want one of the abandoned ones. It's hard to find info online because they keep getting sealed up and the people who know where open ones are aren't talking.

              There are three silos east of Boise. You're right info on the Titan silos is scarce but it's out there. I'll post some links for you when I'm at a computer. We should be able to find you some coordinates and current photos of the location from space.

              The closest silo to me is privately owned. The second is nuclear waste storage.
              The third is... Status unknown/covered and apparently explorable if you have a respirator.

              Comment


                #67
                Originally posted by noE30 View Post
                anyone know of anything in Cali or Oregon? Both ghost towns or abandoned buildings? I'm heading to California this weekend and would love to go exploring.

                Oakland is pretty damn desserted, esp in the industrial end of town, ALOT of spaces to see and get into there just keep the eyes in te back of your head peeled too
                sigpic

                Comment


                  #68
                  Sochi after the olympics

                  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Olympics.html
                  1988 e30 alpine white vert 5speed
                  1987 e30 325 eta
                  1983 e28 533
                  2001 x5 4.4l
                  1997 e36 M3 Alpine white 5speed
                  1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

                  Comment


                    #69
                    [quote=Lof8;4130021]
                    Aerial photo


                    this is badass, you should put it on the map
                    specific location
                    Originally posted by dvck
                    I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                      There are three silos east of Boise. You're right info on the Titan silos is scarce but it's out there. I'll post some links for you when I'm at a computer. We should be able to find you some coordinates and current photos of the location from space.

                      The closest silo to me is privately owned. The second is nuclear waste storage.
                      The third is... Status unknown/covered and apparently explorable if you have a respirator.
                      Fuck yeah :up:

                      Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                      i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                      Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      Moral of this story?

                      If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        I am seriously intrested in the location of that track Lof8. Florida has been needing a small track where we can host events that does not cost an arm and a leg. Pm'd.

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
                          I am seriously intrested in the location of that track Lof8. Florida has been needing a small track where we can host events that does not cost an arm and a leg. Pm'd.

                          https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Clewi...orida&t=h&z=16

                          That original DuPont Registry ad had a New York phone number. I called it and spoke with an older women. It sounds like its privately owned by her husband and they have been dealing with legal red tape for several years. She did say "they hope to eventually have it up and running".
                          Last edited by Lof8; 05-23-2014, 11:43 AM.
                          S50'd

                          Originally posted by TDE30
                          What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                          Originally posted by slammin.e28
                          I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

                          Comment


                            #73
                            ^How can something like that exist and not get used? So sweet.
                            Originally posted by Andy.B
                            Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                            1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                            ~~~~~~~~~~
                            I was born on 3/25…
                            ~~~~~~~~~~

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Originally posted by accident View Post
                              Fuck yeah :up:
                              Sorry, it's taken a few days to get to a computer. This is the site you should start at. since I don't know what you're close to, or how much exploring you really want to do, I don't know which site to look into more closely for you.

                              http://w3.uwyo.edu/~jimkirk/titan2.html

                              Comment


                                #75

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X