X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ST1G
    replied
    Bump from the dead.

George Graves brought this to my attention in the pictures thread. As it often does, the discussion (and photos) turned to abandoned nuclear power. I thought I'd share.

Abandoned Nuclear Power Plant, Cuba Wiki.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Sorry for posting a link, but there is 38 different places here, some of which are already in this thread..

http://www.the-open-mind.com/the-38-...ve-you-chills/

Leave a comment:

• mr.vang
    replied
    Originally posted by Lof8 View Post
    A buddy and I heard about an "abandoned" racetrack down near the Everglades. We drove 3 hours to go check it out. It's about a mile walk passed the first closed and locked gate. It definitely got the adrenaline flowing as we approached! It's not abandoned, as somebody takes the time to groom it but I didn't see any evidence that it has been used. Ever!

Aerial photo

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cfi7Bh5vIlQ

I think top gear used it in the episode across America.

Leave a comment:

• McGyver
    replied
    Turns out we have a blog about RVA and all the abandoned industry around here:

http://decayedrichmond.com/

Leave a comment:

• sam_
    replied
    went to the hawthorne plaza a few weeks ago...if youre in LA you really have to check it out! especially at night...

Leave a comment:

• NoM54me
    replied
    Forgotten Planet is a great show, too bad it was only one season. Couple of the sites the feature are a bit of a re-hash like Pripyat and Salton City, and they left out Centralia, PA, which would have been interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Sean S.
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
    Googled it. Seems it was set for demo in 2013?

Sad....looks like a kick ass place!

They keep threatening, but it's still there. Cost to demo is like $4 million that they dont have.

Leave a comment:

• accident
    replied
    I've been watching Forgotten Planet too. I really want to go to Bodie.

Leave a comment:

• slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean S. View Post
    Do an image search for "American Flats, Nevada". Reno is closest major city. It's an old abandoned cyanide mill where they used to leach tailings for every little bit of silver left over from the Comstock. The empty cyanide cans still litter the place. I havent been there in years, but used to go party and play paintball out there occasionally in my younger days. Always had the feeling of being watched .... :-|
    Googled it. Seems it was set for demo in 2013?

Sad....looks like a kick ass place!

Leave a comment:

• ST1G
    replied
    Originally posted by Swanny View Post
    Ooo theres a whole dang series with six episodes!
    I started watching last night. It's a bit dramatic, but not bad.

Leave a comment:

• Sean S.
    replied
    Do an image search for "American Flats, Nevada". Reno is closest major city. It's an old abandoned cyanide mill where they used to leach tailings for every little bit of silver left over from the Comstock. The empty cyanide cans still litter the place. I havent been there in years, but used to go party and play paintball out there occasionally in my younger days. Always had the feeling of being watched .... :-|

Leave a comment:

• Swanny
    replied
    Ooo theres a whole dang series with six episodes!

Leave a comment:

• Brezzi
    replied
    Just found this thread! So cool really wish that track in FL would get up and running. looks like its set up pretty well.

Leave a comment:

• ST1G
    replied
    Originally posted by Swanny View Post
    On netflix; forgotten planet: abandoned america. Just started watching it but pretty interesting
    I'll have to check it out.

Leave a comment:

• Swanny
    replied
    On netflix; forgotten planet: abandoned america. Just started watching it but pretty interesting

Leave a comment:

Working...
X