Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonytony
    yes yes i am
    Tony doesn't seem like much of an Asian name :)

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Yeah if it was Tony Lung Wah then maybe!

When I grew up in Los Angeles I thought that it was commonplace to have 20 Thai places in a 5 mile radius from ones house. I have sampled food from all of those places and arrived at a favorite (Erawan Gardens) in Studio Village. Not sure if it is still there though or under the same management.

Whats interesting is that all Thai food is not the same and the flavor and method of preparing it differs by the region of Thailand. I could definatley taste the differences from South Thai to North Thai. Its almost like a language has a different dialect.

Phad Thai is awesome ! Especially after some Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce for the dipping. The place we go now brings the Chicken Satay on a heated platter and it is still popping and spattering when it arrives. Just awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
        Thai food doesnt bother me but I have eaten it for a while. Back in highschool I dated a Viet, now that is some nasty food. :)
        home cooked viet is horrid, stinky fish sauce everything...BUT restaurant stuff is the shiznite, PHO and BBQ rice plates..mmmmm.
        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
          Tony doesn't seem like much of an Asian name :)
          Well fortunately for me i was born in the US of A, so i have two names one of which you know, and the other I'll keep to myself :) Fish sauce isn't so bad, it's the fish/shrimp/whatever paste that really kills people.....

Comment

What is funny is asian kids often take white names that even the whites dont use.

I have a friend who goes by Larry. Nobody calls their kid larry anymore. Of course, this guy also has a lifted BroncoI with a 302 in it to go along with his boosted GSR.
            Im now E30less.
            sigpic

Comment

I eat shitloads of Thai, Indian, Chinese, Malayan, Vietnamese, Japanese and Indo food. Its all good, its all the sheezy and no bowel problems reported (and I'm a full-on Skip, 100% cauco)

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver
              Butter chicken is the win.
              W3rd to ya mumma.
              Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

All Viet food smells like duck head in the microwave.

Comment

Chicken satay rocks too. I had Indian last week.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Man, im hungry for thai food again. Im having pasta tonite though.

Maybe go have Indian tommorow.
                    Im now E30less.
                    sigpic

Comment

Dont really care for the Indian food as it seems to use a different style of curry and its overpowering. I thought it was just the Indian place I was going to so I searched out the best Indian Restaraunt in San Jose and went there to see. Was not impressed with the taste or type of food. Plus had to sit in front of one of those large spinners (lazy susan stlye) and drank goats milk

Comment

Personally, I prefer Nepalese curry dishes but my roommate is a dot person so we go hit some of the indian places from time to time.
                        Im now E30less.
                        sigpic

Comment

African food is the shizzle too.... Mmmm Seth Effriken food is beaut... same goes for Moroccan.... mmmmm... spicey!
                          Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

Do you cry when a crock dies?
                            Im now E30less.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yep, we cry crocodile tears...
                              Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

Nancy's (The orient) flippin rocks in Lawrence, Three Star Happy Dish is the bomb. Never eat meat there why would you when the veggie ham is better than real ham, I personally thinks she hooks up the veggie dishes. As far as Zen Zero rocks also Green Thai Curry Medium Hot, ahhh tears of joy, heat related of course.
                                Thai Siam can eat a phat thai cock.

Recently developin a heavy addiction to La Parilla Chicken Chimi's hmm hmm good.
                                E30 325ix 62k

Comment

Working...
                                X