No announcement yet.

"The old lady won't let me keep the car"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see why a girlfriend or wife would want it gone, but my beef is with parents.

I'm 22; on the right track with college paying my own tuition, reg/ins, bills, etc. and have no debt. If I want to plunge $3k into my car at any given moment, it is my right as a responsible and capable adult. The only reason I see for them is the control aspect; I can understand that when someone is 16 or 17, but I'm 22.. Pretty much on the verge of starting my career and moving out.

On the flip-side: I'm single and own an e30 and all my prospects all love my e30, so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones?

Comment

If my GF ever said I had to sell one of my cars, I'd kick her to the curb and she knows it and accepts it. Simple as that. ;)

Comment

Ban her from buying makeup and shopping, better yet eating out. If you can't have yours, she can't either.
        Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by mr.vang View Post
          Ban her from buying makeup and shopping, better yet eating out. If you can't have yours, she can't either.
          i've tried this. much blue ballz
          sigpic

Comment

Marry a reasonable woman.

As to the fat comment, yea I dunno about that. Skinny wife here, reasonable too.

If she tells me she doesn't want to buy something, it's because we really aren't in a position to buy it. This weekend I told her come tax time I am buying myself a new car, thinking a TDI Jetta. She is all for it, because it makes sense.

If your girl tries to keep you on lock down and won't let you do anything you want, then you are with the wrong woman.

Also it doesn't hurt to buy things you want for her. She's driving an 06 Saab 2.8T right now, I fucking love that car but it is "hers". She's happy, I drive it on the weekends, win win.
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

When I came home from Virginia via the Auto-Train with a 91 318is, my wife was not pleased. As time passed and the 318is was refurbished and driven, so did her digs and sarcastic remarks, Until she barked, "If you spent half as much time with me as you do THAT car..." :hitler: To which I replied, "If you were half as much FUN..."

Point is this. If she has a problem with your car, she will most likely have problems with other aspects of you. Make your choices based on the man you are or the man she thinks you can be molded into.

By the way. I dumped the wife and drive the 318is with a great big ass smile since 2005. Plus, I got her a stable mate. A 76 2002. It IS a good life.

Comment

We dont put our money together hell i pay for the house and all 3 cars all she has to do is buy groceries and pay some utilities

I have always bought and sold my cars on my own terms

Even when i sold a three year old truck to buy a 23 at the time Bmw

I also do all the work on our cars but i told her dont buy anything fwd because i wont work on transverse mounted bs
                1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
                2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
                2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

Originally posted by redsubdivisions View Post
                  ha. Fuck that noise. Be a man and keep it. You pay the bills, why should you get rid of something you worked for?
                  Why should you marry someone whom requires you to pay the bills? Wifey will be paying her half, otherwise she's remaining a gf.

Comment

We split everything 50/50 and contribute out of our own accounts. We are currently engaged and will be married in a year, at that point we will probably have a joint account that we both contribute to while continuing to have our own accounts as well.

This allows you to have some of your own money while also having a joint account for expenses (whatever they may be, utilities, mortgage, vacations, etc). As long as I'm not dipping into the joint account or failing to contribute my half for the bills, she doesn't care what I spend my money on (as long as it's not hookers and blow).

We are both happy with this situation because it works for us. She gets to buy shoes and clothes every now and then, I get to maintain my fleet of 20+ year old cars. She is also skinny and asian (my preference in women), wins all around.

Comment

My wife wants me to get the car I want...possibly an sn95 32v cobra or an '86 2.3 16v. Yes, the 16v is now on my list for soon to own vehicles (within this year). She wants me to teach her how to work on cars. She also gets turned on when she sees me working on ours.
                      Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                      This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

Originally posted by slaterd View Post
                        My wife wants me to get the car I want...possibly an sn95 32v cobra or an '86 2.3 16v. Yes, the 16v is now on my list for soon to own vehicles (within this year). She wants me to teach her how to work on cars. She also gets turned on when she sees me working on ours.
                        That's a winna ;-)

Sent from my Samsung Note 3
                        '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                        '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                          Speak for yourself. I've got 5 cars, 3 motorcycles and a skinny wife. I don't see a problem.
                          You never told me you have a wife...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

^Trouble in Paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                              If your girl tries to keep you on lock down and won't let you do anything you want, then you are with the wrong woman.

Comment

Some of you have some fucked up ideas about how relationships work.
                                For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                                Originally posted by mbonanni
                                I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Working...
                                X