"The old lady won't let me keep the car"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
    Speak for yourself. I've got 5 cars, 3 motorcycles and a skinny wife. I don't see a problem.
    haha youre the winner!
    but OP, i do agree with happy wife happy life, but look at your happiness also, she should respect you enough to allow you to keep your toys

when i was with my ex I bought myself wheels for my e30, a motorcycle, and a 635csi L6 all within 3 weeks of eachother and she got mad i didnt buy her some silly shit she wanted. :loco:

needless to say, she is now my ex, I dont need anyone tellling me how to spend my money unless

e24 e9 e30
    IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
      You never told me you have a wife...

whoops, lol.
      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
        This. My wife actually tells me I HAVE TO GET something when I find it.
        So does mine. She said if I did not buy my red BMW she would have gone and bought it, so it was best for me to do it and get a better deal. Then I got my white one and now she wants me to buy an 86 short bed silvarado I like. She knew I am a car guy and at times had 4+ cars to myself. Open communication respect and support are our key components. Bills are paid and we are saving$$$$ so it's all ok

Comment

Two things, OP:

The husbands that get banned from doing things / buying things probably have made poor choices in these areas in the past. Like the rent is due but homeboy just came home with a project car (years ago a broke coworker related this story of her husband's lack of responsibility, self control and common sense).

If you get to know each other well enough before hand, she will have already accepted the car thing by the time you are married.
          I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

I have my own garage and my own cars. My wife hasnt stepped foot in my garage in 5 years and has no clue whats in there or how many cars I own. She doesnt care and doesnt ask when a new one shows up. I also indulge her passions and dont say shit when she drops money on hers. Its a 2 way street and you need to keep each other happy.
            We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
            www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

^ Perfect.

Unfortunately for me my wife doesn't have any expensive passions. That said, whenever she wants to spend money its always a solid YES. As to the others who say "You make the money so it's yours", incorrect. My wife only works weekends, and I am the primary income. It is OUR money, because I chose to marry and have children, I took on the responsibility of providing for and supporting my family.

As a husband, if you put your families financial security at risk because its "my money, I'll do with it as I please", then you fail as a husband.
              No E30 Club
              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

^
                That right there is how its done younglings
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
                  I have my own garage and my own cars. My wife hasnt stepped foot in my garage in 5 years and has no clue whats in there or how many cars I own. She doesnt care and doesnt ask when a new one shows up. I also indulge her passions and dont say shit when she drops money on hers. Its a 2 way street and you need to keep each other happy.
                  Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                  ^ Perfect.
                  Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  ^
                  That right there is how its done younglings

Yep.
                  Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                  The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Also the way my wife and I have our finances set up is we have 4 bank accounts. We have 1 joint checking (bills and necessities)...1 joint savings (vacations, remodels, nights out, ect. )....and separate savings. She can do what she wants with her savings and I can do what I want with my savings as long as bills are paid and money is going into the joint savings without interference.
                    Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                    This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

Marry a reasonable woman.
                      This.

As a husband, if you put your families financial security at risk because its "my money, I'll do with it as I please", then you fail as a husband.
                      And this.

I've been married for 3 years. My wife was supportive of the idea to buy the E30, and she's supportive of my motorcycle track-day addiction. Everything gets discussed, but it's just that: A civil discussion.

I make damn sure that I'm not negatively impacting our financial well-being with my decisions, and as a result she has confidence in my decision making. It's really quite simple.

Comment

It's a trade-off. My wife has an expensive hobby.

Horses.

Comment

Horses.
                          that shit is worse than cars!

but seriously 99% of relationship issue stuff from not talking civily just learn to talk to each other and all your issues can pretty much be figured out. unless cheating was involved, then tell that bitch to pound sand!

Comment

Horses.
                            Mine too Ugghhhh hay bill for the year was an even 2500 2 weeks ago.... Farrier, occasional vet bills the list never ends lol My gun and former car habit pale in comparison to the on going hay burner costs, that said I kinda like having the critters around more than a fun car as I get a lot of enjoyment out of them too. But dont tell the wifey
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

This. My wife actually tells me I HAVE TO GET something when I find it.
                              This would be awesome!

My wife is super laxed about my vehicles, as long as she has a car that she likes w/ gas in it she's happy. She definitely does not understand my addiction though. It would be sweet if I was like....check out X and she was like you should get that. Well, I will say she has been pushin for me to find an E39 M5.....so I guess I got it pretty good.
                              sigpic

Comment

Married guy here. My wife doesn't really like my E30, but she doesn't hassle me about selling it. I buy what I want, when I want and it is fine. That said, I don't go out and impulse-buy cars and other things that cost a ton of money. Similarly, I don't care what she buys, even if I do think that she has too many shoes and clothes already, because I know she is fiscally responsible and won't spend us out of our house. Money is the #1 cause of divorce, and it's probably because most people have ZERO fiscal discipline or budgeting skills. There is all sorts of shit I WANT to buy, but I don't because it messes up the bigger picture that I see in the future.

Here are a couple of bits of advice:
                                - Tell her what you are doing, don't ask. There are exceptions to that in cases where your actions have a big or direct impact on her, but for the most part you need to be in the habit of telling versus asking from the first date or you will end up whipped.
                                - Happy wife happy life. Just because something makes logical, rational sense to you doesn't mean that you are "right". Because estrogen. As long as she isn't trying to light the house on fire, I'd recommend just letting most of the "woman logic" stuff go. If it's something she wants or thinks and it isn't hurting anything, just let her have it and enjoy herself. Just like you probably don't want her to "train" you to think like her, you shouldn't, and probably can't, train her to think like you. It's just a fact of life. Because estrogen.
                                - Do not under ANY circumstances allow sex to become a reward for doing what she asks/tells you. First off, it is perfectly normal for married couples to have sex regularly simply because both people enjoy it. The whole "vagina becomes off limits after marriage" thing is nonsense, and if that becomes the case, there's something wrong with your relationship. So anyway, don't let sex control you. Go rub one out, whatever. You need to keep your dick under control as all real men do. My wife has NEVER tried to use sex as a means of control. First, it's because I married a well balanced, nice woman. Second, I have turned sex down a few times when she wanted it, which prettymuch instantly put the ball in my court since women are all told that men can't control themselves.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Working...
                                X