Patton Museum so. of Joshua Tree en route to Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patton Museum so. of Joshua Tree en route to Mexico

Wednesday I left L.A. at 5am, about 8am I was near the AZ. border on my way to Scottsdale and stopped at the Museum. A few pictures:

Last edited by parkerbink; 04-22-2006, 09:14 PM.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

neat

Comment

cool, Patton was a man.
      BEERTECH

Comment

Cool

Originally posted by DaveCN
        Welcome.

Your car is a piece of shit.

Most of them here are, too.

Comment

I had the old scalawag as my Avatar for a while. Tough SOB.
          Current Cars
          2014 M235i
          2009 R56 Cooper S
          1998 M3
          1997 M3

Comment

<Here is a good Patton avatar.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

How many Patton Museums are there? There's one at Ft Knox. They have the car he was killed in there. That one..... boy oh boy.... that museum is the SHIZNIZZLE if you are into old time war machinary.

Comment

This one was the desert training facility he commanded before he was sent to Europe. No clue about any others.

From the museum's site:

General George S. Patton Memorial Museum was established to honor the late General George S. Patton and the thousands of men who served with him at the Desert Training Center and overseas. The museum, is located off Interstate 10, about 30 miles east of Indio at Chiriaco Summit, which was the entrance to Camp Young, command post for the DTC during World War II. The site was donated by Joseph Chiriaco, one of the first area residents General Patton met when he arrived to set up the center.

On February 5, 1942, Lt. General Lesley J. McNair, Chief of Staff, General Headquarters, gave his approval to a plan developed to stop Germany's advance in Northern Africa. He designated Major General George S. Patton, Jr. to establish the Desert Training Center for the purpose of training men and machines for action under the harsh conditions of the African deserts. With staff officers, he flew over a vast expanse of sand and brush weeds in Southern California and portions of Arizona and Nevada. Later, he covered much of the area on foot and on horseback. He decided this was the place to build a force for desert combat. The area selected by General Patton in the California and Arizona deserts encompassed approximately 18,000 square miles, making it the largest military installation and maneuver area in the world.

Comment

what are you going to scottsdale for? As a scottsdale resident you must clear it with me first.
                  greg
                  seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I drove through, slepping at my Aunt's house on "the Island" Wednesday night. Sorry I'll submit my itenerary next year when I go back through.

Comment

He was killed in a car smash? Damn.

Chuck Norris has nothing on Patton. Seriously. Fucking hardcore dude.
                      Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Originally posted by Iain
                        He was killed in a car smash? Damn.
                        Yes, shortly after the war. And conspiracy theories abound over it.
                        Current Cars
                        2014 M235i
                        2009 R56 Cooper S
                        1998 M3
                        1997 M3

Comment

Working...
                        X