Black Friday vs Thanksgiving shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Friday vs Thanksgiving shopping

I can't imagine anyone hear wanting to go out shopping today vs tomorrow. I am not a shopper so I have never gone out in search of a Black Friday deal.

Massachusetts still have some blue laws so stores are not open so retail workers get the day off.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Maine is the same with blue laws. The stores that advertise Black Friday starting thanksgiving just ruin the whole black Friday thing. Thanksgiving is on Thursday not Friday.

Comment

In NJ stores are opening around 5p today for shopping. It's bullshit! Just recently in the news Target told one of their employees if they didn't show up they'd be fired. Let employees who want to work stay and give the rest that don't the day off. I think they should all be closed today. Happy thanksgiving btw

Comment

^^^who do you think wants to work today? I work at a fine dining restaurant and my shift starts at 2pm and ends at 10pm today! I'm not even batting an eye for a second about that.

Comment

Here in central Pa. some stores open this evening for "pre black friday sales" or wtf they call it. Just seems like a lot to ask from employees who don't even make $9/hr. I never worked in retail and got no interest in black friday shopping, i do enjoy the news coverage of the walmart fiasco's though.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm working for a 1500 seat banquet today 9 to 12 will probably make over 1k today in just tips so yea I'll work today

Comment

Haha yea I worked every major holiday last year...Christmas Thanksgiving new years
              The service industry has made me hate holidays...but it brings in a lot of money

Comment

If you want to work today thats fine, make your money. Im just saying it shouldnt be forced on those who rather spend the time at home with their families.

Comment

Originally posted by 5ickride View Post
                  If you want to work today thats fine, make your money. Im just saying it shouldnt be forced on those who rather spend the time at home with their families.
                  Agreed. Those in the service industry who get tips can make a real killing on holidays, but the poor schmuck at Target making $7.25/hr who was told "show up or get fired"? I don't think that's cool at all. Thanksgiving is about family, not spending money.

Comment

Yea. I think they should just pass a country wide law about stores opening before Friday. The heads of these company's need to sit back and ask them selves would they wanna come in on a day they are supposed to be with families?

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

if i could work today i would, but i live alone, have no plans for thanksgiving and am about 2000 miles from the closest family members. but i agree with it being optional to have to work on thanksgiving

plus fuck black friday, shit is, has, and always will be stupid

Comment

I work at a fine dining establishment aswell we finish seating at 6pm so we all get to go home, Happy Thanksgiving everyone

e24 e9 e30
                        IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

Ehh black friday for me is usually just shopping for clothes since I rarely buy any throughout the year. I don't care about doorbusters and all that bullshit. Just good sales on clothes that I need.

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
                          Originally posted by scabzzzz
                          I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
                          1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
                          2002 325i - DD
                          2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                            Agreed. Those in the service industry who get tips can make a real killing on holidays, but the poor schmuck at Target making $7.25/hr who was told "show up or get fired"? I don't think that's cool at all. Thanksgiving is about family, not spending money.
                            Here it comes......! Well then they should get another job ;)

Comment

Originally posted by 5ickride View Post
                              In NJ stores are opening around 5p today for shopping. It's bullshit! Just recently in the news Target told one of their employees if they didn't show up they'd be fired. Let employees who want to work stay and give the rest that don't the day off. I think they should all be closed today. Happy thanksgiving btw
                              I worked at target overnight in Kingston, ny a bunch of years ago for the holidays and they said the same thing. I stopped going February and it took them three weeks to call me and ask if I was coming back. Scare tactics is all they do. One night the manager had a bag of candy that he brought around. (Fat kid+candy=happy fat kid). I almost took one and he said "yeah you guys need to speed up" so I said no thanks. That might have been the last night I was there.

Sent from SPACE using Tapatalk 2
                              FS NY: two Audiobahn A235HC amps and audiobahn 1farad capacitor
                              Saab/GM tech2 programming
                              My for sale thread
                              1990 325iX for sale or part out
                              Did you buy something from me? Please leave feedback!

Originally posted by K20RI_211
                              And I have to ask if you make a hobby out of thread-bombing with retarded questions?

Comment

Working...
                              X