Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't we get these in the states? (Ford content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can't we get these in the states? (Ford content)

It's a shame we can't get these in the U.S.A.

450hp 450 torque

because we want full sized pickups

Comment

Originally posted by Rev Run D View Post
      because we want full sized pickups
      That, and the new full-size trucks are starting to get diesles. I know 26mpg isn't much to rave home by European standards, but when a half-ton truck does it, that's something to rave home about.

To the Original Poster, GMC will be offering a new Canyon with a small diesel engine. While you have to put up with GM build-quality and depreciation values, it's a damn sight better on the eyes. That's for sure. And available here. ...soon.

Comment

I want a UTE

Comment

Originally posted by Downz View Post
          I want a UTE

I love UTE's, is that the one that's basically a g8?

Comment

Yeah pretty much. I saw one on the highway in San Diego recently, it was LHD and had all the USDM stuff on it so i think it was a conversion, not an import.

Its not even so much that Americans don't want small trucks, its that they are not as profitable as making more full size trucks, thus driving the cost down, and offering stripped down models that are close to the price point a small truck would be at. Well presumably, since we don't get small trucks anymore to really compare to.
            sigpic
            1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

Because of this:

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

As cwatt mentioned, you got these coming soon:
                Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                Do you feel like something is trying to penetrate your butthole?

Comment

The sad part about the "stripped down" full sized truck is that it doesn't exist unless special order. These newer "smaller" truck are even too big. Same size dimensionally as some of the older full sized trucks.

Single cab or access cab, without doors into the back of the cab, 8' box or at least a 6.5' box with a deck height that is waist level not chest level, total height of the truck being less than 6' and a manual transmission and transfer case. Build me that and make it weigh under 3500lbs, have the new engines that get power and fuel economy and I will buy a new truck. Until then I am buying another pre 1995.5 Toyota Pickup.
                  1990 BMW 325is 5spd Black
                  2005 Subaru Impreza 5spd
                  2015 Yamaha FZ-07

Comment

Same reason you dont get DORITOS ROULETTE, YA CANT HANDLE THE HEAT!!

sigpic1984 318i Total conversion to a DIRT race car.
                    Check out our build on facebook @ www.facebook.com/brewstermotorsports

Comment

^

There is a reason those are not sold here, those are TOYS not trucks. Most dealerships dont order trucks in Work Truck trims for general stock because they dont sell. Unless you go to a dealer the sells to lots of fleet's. You can still get striped down work trucks, but why when for 3-5k more you can have some better interior options, with the price of a new truck 3-5 is a drop in the bucket anymore.

The GM mid size with the Diesel is kinda of interesting as the last generation of them had a diesel everywhere else in the world available other than here. I had one bought it new and was decent for its size, I had the initial production gremlins and over all it was not that bad was head and shoulders above the last final incarnation of the the s10 I had traded in for it. Why does everyone bang on GM build quality, mine was one of the 1st 10k built and it had no more quirks, rattles, or squeeks, than any other newer lower end car of the time. Never know I might get one of those little canyons with the Diesel for a runner, ahhhh who am I kidding I will never go back from a full size.

Why you cant have a range raptor here, is because they stopped making the ranger last year. Might see it come back, as now GM is bringing back the mid size after a 2 or 3 year hiadias
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Wow thats actualy a sweat truck with a diesel, 5 speed, and 4x4 action! Id buy that. But Im happy with my '86 Yota
                        sigpic
                        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

theres a 25% import tax on light trucks its called the Chicken tax, thats why we don't get many small trucks here, that ranger would cost almost the same as an f150 here
                          88 325is Five Speed
                          Lachssilber

Comment

lol @ sleeve's toy comment. Do you measure truck bed length and capacity in Imperial Dicks?

Many people do not want a full size, and even more do not need one. My Frontier king cab was plenty large to carry or pull anything I threw at it the odd time, and it was small enough that it wasn't a chore to drive/fuel the rest of the time. Only reason I got rid of it was even as one of the smallest trucks available, it still had laughable fuel economy, something which should be priority #1 when it comes to a utility vehicle. Give me a Frontier with the Navara diesel engine and I'll go back to a daily truck/weekend car in a heart beat.

Comment

Pretty ugly IMO. I really like the new Chevy colorado, eagerly waiting for the diesel version next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X