Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jims5543
    replied
    How about something completely different?

You should buy my RX8 not super powerful, get it on an Autocross course or up in the mountains (tail of the dragon) and Porsche 911's struggle to keep up with it. 237HP from a 1.3 liter engine is nothing to sneeze at anyway. Especially in a sub 2800 lb car.

Tons of pics here:

If you purchase it, you will be helping me get a BMW back in my garage.

The RX8 comes with a bumper to bumper warranty until 2017 and 76K miles on the car. It currently has 29K miles on it.

I will sell to you for 14K I will throw in a set of RPF-1 rims with very sticky tires and it comes with 4 brand new tires, a recent oil change (500 miles ago) and 4 new tires on the stock 19" rims. The RPF-1's are 17" rims with 255 wide tires on all 4 corners.

Remember, buying this car gets me into a E30.... actually I am getting into it either way you just keep me out of the doghouse with the Mrs5543.

I will even meet with you 1/2 way to help you get the car home.

Can you sense my desperation to sell asap?

Go test drive an RX8 somewhere, then realize mine is a limited run car (555 made) and has tighter springs and bushings, I also put on a better front sway bar and had it aligned so there is virtually no understeer.

The handling will blow you mind. How well behaved it is being pushed hard in the twisties is almost incomprehensible.

PM me here or email me:

Jims5543@gmail.com

Leave a comment:

• eduTechnic
    replied
    Whoops wrong thread

Leave a comment:

• Jb325is
    replied
    Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
    As far as dollar a cents (sometimes sense) goes I feel like since your E30 is an absolute monster, I'd pair it with maybe something not as exciting but infinitely more reliable for the money you're talking about (but that's me.)

What Alex Roy did in 2006 equates to what a person will be doing commonly on the highway as a daily driver? You're stretching for a connection, but sure.

E39 is my favorite M5 (tied with E28) and possibly favorite "modern" sedan but I don't know if I'd want one as a daily unless I had no problem keeping it in tip top shape by dropping it off at an indie shop I trusted, often if need be.

My own opinion, but to seriously enjoy a car that is starting to get older (even with low miles) is you should be able to spend money on it as if the purchase price was double what you paid (not quite new, but you get my point).

If I was at a level where I didn't even react to a $3k+ repair bill then I'd go for it. Average cost per month would obviously be lower than that, but the problem with the clapped out M5's I've seen is they can fall from grace quickly if they aren't cared for, not saying you wouldn't.

We like what we like, and I can't fault you for wanting a gorgeous M5 and I'm sure you don't need a financial lesson but to others it's a good idea to really understand your own finances before pulling the trigger.
    I appreciate the post, that is some really good advice. While financially, I am not in a situation to drop $3k on a repair and not bat an eye, I do feel like there is no repair on any of these cars I would not tackle myself. While the car would be my "DD," I do have two other cars to fall back on if something catastrophic were to happen. For instance, if I blew an S62, I wouldn't have any problem tossing the car in the garage and swapping the motor over the span of a few months. That said, I'm really looking for a car I can hold onto for a very long time. I've had my e30 for twelve years, don't see myself selling the Land Rover ever (because British truck), and I am looking for a car to compliment those for the long haul. I own a home, don't have a credit card, and will never purchase a new car so I'm looking for something that is worth having for an extended period of time, that I can maintain myself, and enjoy driving every day. I suppose I am a foolish, enthusiast car owner in the sense that I would never buy a car just as a mode of transportation, if I have to spend the money, it's going to be on something that I will truly enjoy on a daily basis

Leave a comment:

• agent
    replied
    Another vote for the E39 here. Does it HAVE to be a V8? My 530i still makes both me and my wallet very happy.

Leave a comment:

• cale
    replied
    Highway/roadtrip car definitely a 5-series.

Do some research on engine work many of the s62's have to go through, it's scary to think about potentially encounter and will make you search long and hard for the right car. It's absolutely a car you buy with quality and records being the biggest thing you need to consider. We're talking upwards of $5k to deal with carbon buildup in the heads, it's not a car you want to buy because the price is right.

Better option as a daily like others have said, 540i. It's own share of gremlins, make sure the cooling system is up to snuff but much cheaper to work on and repair. It's a gorgeous car and the high sticker price means there are still a few pristine examples that pop up from original owners who've had it dealer serviced since new.

Leave a comment:

• Jb325is
    replied
    They are, but I would never buy that over an m5. The build quality and fit and finish on those is absolutely terrible. Seriously, massive pieces of shit.

I looked at 335i's, and they are at the top of my price-range. I do like the e90 body style, but I've driven a 330i sport, which was boring, and don't really want to pay a premium for a 335 because I feel like they are still going to get a lot cheaper

Looked at TSX's and TL's, my parents have an '06 TL and it's nice... I just can't see myself buying one. TSX is too cheap and plasticky. I haven't driven a facelifted TSX, only a first-gen.

Leave a comment:

• Stanley Rockafella
    replied
    Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
    CTS-V? Are those under 15k yet?
    FINALLY a car worth mentioning!

Leave a comment:

• E30 Wagen
    replied
    I'd be looking at E92 or E90 lci 335i.

Second would be a E39 540i. I'd love to find a cheap 540i with a bad engine or something, and swap in a low mileage 4.6 with a nice exhaust and some tuning to make it more fun.

Next would be a clean e24.

Something non-bmw would be a Lexus is250 or the old is300. I also like the '06-'07 Acura TSX, but fwd...

Leave a comment:

• BLACKCHARM88
    replied
    I vote for 1970 Lada, especially with Russia's economy going down the tank its a good investment Lol
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• rturbo 930
    replied
    CTS-V? Are those under 15k yet?

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    As far as dollar a cents (sometimes sense) goes I feel like since your E30 is an absolute monster, I'd pair it with maybe something not as exciting but infinitely more reliable for the money you're talking about (but that's me.)

Originally posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
    the current record for cross country driving was set in an e39 m5, so this is definitely plausible
    What Alex Roy did in 2006 equates to what a person will be doing commonly on the highway as a daily driver? You're stretching for a connection, but sure.

E39 is my favorite M5 (tied with E28) and possibly favorite "modern" sedan but I don't know if I'd want one as a daily unless I had no problem keeping it in tip top shape by dropping it off at an indie shop I trusted, often if need be.

My own opinion, but to seriously enjoy a car that is starting to get older (even with low miles) is you should be able to spend money on it as if the purchase price was double what you paid (not quite new, but you get my point).

If I was at a level where I didn't even react to a $3k+ repair bill then I'd go for it. Average cost per month would obviously be lower than that, but the problem with the clapped out M5's I've seen is they can fall from grace quickly if they aren't cared for, not saying you wouldn't.

We like what we like, and I can't fault you for wanting a gorgeous M5 and I'm sure you don't need a financial lesson but to others it's a good idea to really understand your own finances before pulling the trigger.

Leave a comment:

• mitchlikesbikes
    replied
    Originally posted by MX339 View Post
    I'd have to say the M5 is pretty high up there on the list of great roadtrip/highway cruisers. The E39's (as well as E46's) are pretty timeless in the aesthetics department as well. Honestly, I think with the things you're looking for the M5 is the way to go. We've gone in many a trip in my old man's. You really do need to come take a look at it; I really think it's exactly what you're looking for.
    the current record for cross country driving was set in an e39 m5, so this is definitely plausible

Leave a comment:

• MX339
    replied
    I'd have to say the M5 is pretty high up there on the list of great roadtrip/highway cruisers. The E39's (as well as E46's) are pretty timeless in the aesthetics department as well. Honestly, I think with the things you're looking for the M5 is the way to go. We've gone on many a trip in my old man's. You really do need to come take a look at it; I think it's exactly what you're looking for.

I have to say Slammin isn't too far off with a ZHP. The M54's are definitely less maintenance intensive than the S54, but just a bit lackluster. I've had some limited time in one and I'd have to say it was pretty enjoyable overall, but that was also due to the fact it was my favorite (and rarest) color combo with Alpine and Alcantara. The Alpine coupes in general are pretty rare, and there's actually one up in TN right now: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/cto/4755296858.html

They do look damn good for being a non-M car...

Leave a comment:

• mitchlikesbikes
    replied
    if you like the wagon/AWD thing with the s4 avant then maybe look into the volvo v70r. that's what i plan on getting eventually. low key, wagon, awd, comfy, 300hp turbo I5, and can be had with a 6 speed manual. also responds well to exhaust and a tune to make a little extra power to keep up with the s4s 340hp

Leave a comment:

• Jb325is
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
    They are so easy to work on.

Like....easiest car ever.

...and everything that goes awry with them....is easy to fix.
    Practicality is not my thing. While I do like some of the interior pieces with the ZHP, e46 non-M's seem really boring. The 6-speed is pretty cool though I guess.

Originally posted by Rev Run D View Post
    why not a e36 m3?
    Meh, I don't know. Just never really wanted one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X