Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Army Surplus HMMWV's for sale now $10K

http://www.carthrottle.com/a-us-army...guns-included/
    Just going to leave this here, select few here know why this is a horrible purchase.

When he accelerates, that is full throttle, foot to the floor. These vehicles are extremely slowwwwww.

Would rather have a Land Rover.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Should sell them as FMS vs surplus to the general public. Gov't might make some money back on these.

Poor idea but better than selling for scrap metal like they did with a couple of aircraft carriers this year. One was given away and one was sold for a penny.
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

They need to convert to RHD and deliver mail in them.
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

I fee like after watching that video I need one of these for my morning commute....
          sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Slow but persuasive. I would buy one with the turret and love to drive as per the video in Orlando. Move your ass outta the left lane. If it does 45mph it would be enough to tap a lot of car owners (not to be confused with car DRIVERS) and open the lane.

Comment

I feel like the amount of money the US is "losing" is pretty insignificant compared to their defense budget. This is pennies compared to what they did in the late 2000's:

http://gizmodo.com/the-13-billion-pr...d-an-978480541

And I would seriously buy an HMMWV for no reason at all if I had the cash. No ragrets
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I have loaded the S76, they flew it up to Westover and we did the mock up for the T.O. to load it. Super easy to load, the H3 is ancient and I am amazed they did not fund the new helicopter.

But we got a new modifications for the Humvee's and yet here we are giving them away plus they pork barrel spent $ millions more on M1A3 Abrams battle tanks. Plus the F35 and so forth.

Comment

. . . I want one, just to match my AR-15.
                  1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                  1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                  bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

the pessimist in me fears that half of these could end up in the hands of Isis
                    Originally posted by flyboyx
                    i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Like Joe the plumber's truck?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
                        Lol, we did give a bunch to the ANA (Afghanistan National Army) so I wouldn't doubt it. Actually just found this V

Even though these trucks pretty much suck in every department, I wouldnt mind a open top M998 to drive around the property (Hard tops leak rain anyways)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post

TEXAS CITY — A local plumber is being flooded with phone calls — and some threats — after a picture of one of his old company vehicles being used by

Comment

I'm not sure a few 5mph bumper touches is the reason these are a risky purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                              I'm not sure a few 5mph bumper touches is the reason these are a risky purchase.
                              We treat them kindly as you can see...

Comment

Working...
                              X