Got out of a 255$ ticket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got out of a 255$ ticket

Hey guys! So today I got a big gift from the magistrate who decided to revoke the ticket! I dressed really nice and prior to this citation I had a squeaky clean record. I explained how I had changed the spark plugs and once they worked again it was much faster and instead of looking at the road and then my speed I was looking at the rpm instead of speed, and ended up being way too fast when the cop saw me in the other lane. They asked if I'm in school and what I want to do after and then they were like "okay we believe you, drive more carefully though!"

Walked out of there having saved 255$ and the points on my insurance which would have skyrocketed for going 25 over in a 30 Jeez that would have been expensive. I'm very thankful and am not going to be speeding on any major roads anytime soon.
    BMW tech
    Umass Amherst
    05 wrx sti

Originally posted by flyboyx
    i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
      LOL it was in a 2009 cooper s. Would be fun in the e30 waffleswaffleswaffles
      BMW tech
      Umass Amherst
      05 wrx sti

Comment

Makes meme, spells harness wrong. ;)

Either I'm jaded or I just don't want also hear about you popping your cherry OP.

Enjoy you're first and last get out of ticket card!

Comment

glad your first lesson in the courthouse went in your favor!

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post

Either I'm jaded or I just don't want also hear about you popping your cherry OP.

Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Lol awww mannnn!

Comment

It really is my one get out of ticket card haha from here on out when they see "cited for 55 in a 30" it's over. Thanks 5toes, I'm really happy they gave me the benefit of the doubt, after this too their system works on me, which is good for everyone on the roads and myself. Now it's like "I want to go fast, but remember last time when there was a cop right around that corner?....
                "YEA so don't do it"

Idk about autocross but it seems cool gonna research to see if I can get some legal speed going
                BMW tech
                Umass Amherst
                05 wrx sti

Comment

Lesson #1....it's $255.....NOT 255$.
                  1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                    depends where you are from geographically...
                    in French, the dollar sign is placed after the denomination.

OP could pull the cultural card and state he's a Parisian and still not be acclimatized to the robust ways of northern Americanized dollar symbol placement

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
                      depends where you are from geographically...
                      in French, the dollar sign is placed after the denomination.

OP could pull the cultural card and state he's a Parisian and still not be acclimatized to the robust ways of northern Americanized dollar symbol placement
                      I see people do that all too often....either there are a ton of Parisians.....or people need me to teach them the ways of proper grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                        Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post

This thread is filled of won.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                          This thread is filled of won.

Comment

Good

Comment

Its a great feeling to have a ticket dismissed or reduced, but dont make the mistake of thinking that they all go that way.

I am also going to save $353$ (covers both the US and EU) dollars on a ticket / citation. Its kinda mind blowing circumstance though.

Long story short. Needed to drop off auto part for return in Santa Margarita Ca. Drove down there from Los Angeles when I was visting relatives. It is about an hour and 1/2 south of LA . Ended up going through 3 Toll Restricted areas in which there were signs indicating that one should not stop as there was no toll booth to pay at.

So unless you have a fast pass ( I dont use em as I never drive through toll restricted areas up north) then you dont pay the toll and a camera flashes and a pic is snapped. This happened 3 times and every time I just yelled "mo -money" as the camera flashed , and flashed , and flashed.

Finally received the citation at my Nevada address as that is where the vehicle is registered. Upon inspection they waived a 53 dollar processing fee and are asking for $ 8.53 $
                              Unless I pay it after the 31'st of January at which time the citation would be an additional 300 dollars + the 53 Dollar Processing fee they initially waived.

Total - $361.53$

I dont have to go anywhere and put on a monkey suit and slick my hair back and pretend to be a considerate , caring ,safe driver. I will just click some click and mouse some mouse and through the magic of the internet save $353.00$

Ive got one that can top that through where I was going to be cited for going 20 over on Highway 5 and if the Highway Patrolman did not give me a bro deal I would have had to pay a fine of over 600 dollars. Instead I got a fix it ticket with a 10 or 15 dollar (cant remember) payment for no proof of registration in the vehicle.
                              When I said what the F to the 600 dollars the officer laughed and said . "Yeah, and the Highway Patrol does not even make any of that money it goes to the court system and its ridiculous"

I wont go into the thousands that I spent when I was younger on triple digit speed citations.

Comment

Working...
                              X