No announcement yet.

E30 Folding@Home Team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody know how to fix the stuck "send" status in my work que?

Click image for larger version

Name:	fah.png
Views:	147
Size:	316.5 KB
ID:	9917992
    My Feedback

Comment

Either try pausing all folding, completely quitting the application and restarting it, or go into the configuration and remove your "slots" and then re-add them. I think that one of both of those should do it. Redoing the slots will kill any current work units though, so it is sort of a last resort.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

There's so many new teams now we keep falling in rank, we need more people to join!
        My Feedback

Comment

So it's that time of year to fold and heat my house. I'm going to be building a new pc once AMD drops their new cpus and gpus but we still need more to join r3v and get our rank back up!
          My Feedback

Comment

Nice, what are the specs on your new machine? And yeah, we are getting clobbered, but that's a good thing overall since it just means that a lot of new computing power is being volunteered around the world. Still, more Team E30 folding power would be cool too!

Comment

I'm still running a 7600k and a 1070. I'm planning on getting a next gen AMD cpu which is going to be revealed this Thursday, probably going to go with whatever the next equivalent 3800xt is. I'm also anxiously waiting to see how the new AMD Navi gpus stack up to nvidia's 3080 and 3070, but if the leaks are true then the navi cards are looking very attractive for the price.
              My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
                Assuming anyone with hardware that is good for crunching these numbers is not trying to mine cryptocurrency, jump on in here!
                for a while i was doing both. f@h set as top process priority so it handled work whenever it was available, and mined ethereum with the idles

then my landlord started bitching about the power bill. 6 GPUs will do that

anyway, "pyramid" was me, sorry i can't keep work going
                past:
                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:
                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

No worries dude, electrical bills are a real thing haha. What are the specs on your mining / folding rig?

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
                    No worries dude, electrical bills are a real thing haha. What are the specs on your mining / folding rig?
                    6 x RX580, 32G ram, cheapest CPU the mobo would run, 1TB SSD. i've got a friend who does VR/AR art, trying to see if i can convince them to buy it as they're working from a laptop right now.

the motherboard *says* it has SLI and i've got a 240hz monitor which should be pretty glorious for gaming but i've only been focused on compute tasks, haven't futzed with games too much.
                    past:
                    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:
                    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Current team ranking of 333, how appropriate. Probably not going to be able to get the new hardware I wanted until 2021, damn scalpers.
                      My Feedback

Comment

Yeah, it was fun being <200 in rank while it lasted. I am glad that we are getting clobbered though since it means that global contribution has gone through the roof.

And yeah, it is insane how new hardware releases go these days. Scalpers and profiteers making it a pain for end users to buy stuff. I'd say something like "get a real job" but many of the world's major financial institutions basically do the same thing, except at a trillion dollar scale, so apparently rent-seeking is a "real job".

Comment

Working...
                        X