• Time
  • Show
Clear All

France and Belgium have a common relationship:
    The belgians think that they(the french) are arrangant pricks
    The french think we are dumb.

Simple story
    Facts:

1. 2000 summer crisis in france because no one wanted to vacation in france anymore (high prices, bad service).

2. Belgians are in #3 in europe for spending money on vacations (after the Lux and Swiss.) we also have the highest GDP than most european countries. All this of course is per capita.

3. 2001: holly shit, the french like us.

Don't get me wrong, france has every fucking reason to be pompous: awesome food, women, wine, cars, archetecture, history, geographical diveristy, culture. Its just their economy that is le PWND (De Villepin FTW)

back to beers.
    Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

All I know is the people at our europe factory in belgium drove bmws and a coulple of AMs. I found Hoegarden there while staying at the Hilton intl in the middle of downtown Brussles. I had it before, but it was best there. And at horne of course.
      Yours truly,
      Rich
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Rigmaster
      you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

please , to think the belgians can compare with the germans on beer???
        your the one who should get a clue.
        go to the bar and get a mini beer?? 0.3L
        I have nothing against belgians, I like the countryside on my way to the netherlands, but never the beer there.

Comment

Originally posted by german g
          Dead Guy ale...
          Fuck Yes!

They brew that in Oregon at the Rogue Brewery on the coast here. I've been there a few times. The brewery itself looks like it'll blow over in a strong wind haha. I can't believe they brew such great beer there. They just had a 'garage sale' and cleaned out a lot of their stock. I loaded up on cases of Chocolate Stout, Younger's Special Bitter, and FestivAle ($1.66 for each 22oz bottle in the case).
          Originally posted by Gruelius
          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Belgian Beer is not bad, but its not German.

Stella is a decent hot weather, sitting on the porch beer - would I serve it with a meal? No. Its being marketed like Corona was originally - as if it is an upscale beer, when in fact, its working class common shite - comparable to say, Rolling Rock.

I have been throwing back Shiner Bock, but with hot weather now, I am starting to diversify again - have not yet settled on one or two favorites for the summer. Currently in the Fridge - Pacifico and Hofbrau Lager.
            Current Cars
            2014 M235i
            2009 R56 Cooper S
            1998 M3
            1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler
              please , to think the belgians can compare with the germans on beer???
              your the one who should get a clue.
              go to the bar and get a mini beer?? 0.3L
              I have nothing against belgians, I like the countryside on my way to the netherlands, but never the beer there.
              Actually we were drinking large beers. I think we can all agree that the germans do everything great, well except that whole taking over the world master race thing. But hey that's water under the bridge now right?
              Yours truly,
              Rich
              sigpic

Comment

Oh and stick and ball sports, you rarely hear about a great german baseball player.......
                But you guys were on the East West tip waaaaaaay before tupac and biggie were, so I can kinda give you credit on that. If you could tell the vw guys to stop with the lieterhosen that would be good too, I don't see germans winning the war on fashion too much these days either. But BEER heck yeah you win!
                Yours truly,
                Rich
                sigpic

Comment

problem is, I am not german. I am american, living in germany- and after being here a while, I would have to say thaT most american beers suk too.
                  I would have to disagree though on the Germans do everything great though.

they sure do micromanage great!
                  as far as fashion goes, where do you think the G string out of the hip cut jeans came from--- bingo here- been doing it for over 5 years- let alone the mini skirt on the bicycle thing too!

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
                    Fuck Yes!

They brew that in Oregon at the Rogue Brewery on the coast here. I've been there a few times. The brewery itself looks like it'll blow over in a strong wind haha. I can't believe they brew such great beer there. They just had a 'garage sale' and cleaned out a lot of their stock. I loaded up on cases of Chocolate Stout, Younger's Special Bitter, and FestivAle ($1.66 for each 22oz bottle in the case).
                    Damn, $1.66!!! I think the 22ozs are like $5 here..
                    I wish I could remember the name of the Rougue I had, I has the picture of an asian guy on the bottle (I think)..I think its hazelnut brew or something...but it is the best tasting beer I have ever had..If you havn't had it, try it..
                    90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

Originally posted by german g
                      Damn, $1.66!!! I think the 22ozs are like $5 here..
                      I wish I could remember the name of the Rougue I had, I has the picture of an asian guy on the bottle (I think)..I think its hazelnut brew or something...but it is the best tasting beer I have ever had..If you havn't had it, try it..
                      yeah, it was a HUGE sale so I stocked up. They're $5 here too (even AT the damn brewery). The cases are usually $58 each (for a 12 pack of 22oz bottles), but most of them were on sale for $20-25. I'm pretty damn lucky to live 10 blocks from one of their Public Houses... they have just about all of their beers on tap there.

The Hazelnut Brown Nectar is the one you're talking about. It's amazing to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by redbull 325is
                        Don't get me wrong, france has every fucking reason to be pompous: awesome food, women, wine, cars, archetecture, history, geographical diveristy, culture. Its just their economy that is le PWND (De Villepin FTW)
                        Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha!!!!1111oneoneoneoneone! Did you seriously just say that?

Oh, and our wine is better too.
                        Im now E30less.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
                          Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha!!!!1111oneoneoneoneone! Did you seriously just say that?

Oh, and our wine is better too.
                          Yeah french cars ftl..... do they even make cars anymore????
                          Oh yeah and I never said you were German. So I don't think it's a problem.
                          Yours truly,
                          Rich
                          sigpic

Comment

WTF is wrong with a Renault!?

Have you ever heard of a fucking Citroen!?

Comment

yea, at least give Renault credit for making awsome race engines for the last few decades....

The Hazelnut Brown Nectar is the one you're talking about. It's amazing to say the least.
                              Thats it...it is beer heaven....:pimp:
                              90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

I love then they did the Top Gear survey and 7 of the bottom 10 were french. They were like, "Check the list to see if you car is either good..... or french."
                                Im now E30less.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X