No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is R3v 4x4 trip round 2, we need more people this time with a group site for more fun.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

I'm down to join/participate, depending on distance.

We should get some ideas and then get a thread going.

Random ideas from me:
      - Someplace in Utah/Nevada
      - During a warmer part of the year
      - Legitimate camping place, i.e. not in a crowded camping place with bays and neighbors.
      - Some day time activity agenda (wheeling, hiking, etc.)
      - Oh and campfires. Fucking love me a campfire.
      My previous build (currently E30-less)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Well Moab was really good for all of those, the campsites offered by the national parks are great, especially if we can snag a group site.

Would be cool to go somewhere different though, either northern california/nevada or somewhere in rockies like Colorado.
        willschnitz

Comment

As long as there’s beer, I’m in.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
            Well Moab was really good for all of those, the campsites offered by the national parks are great, especially if we can snag a group site.

Would be cool to go somewhere different though, either northern california/nevada or somewhere in rockies like Colorado.
            Yeah, I have been to Moab already as well. A new location ain't a bad way to go.

Comment

I wanna go but I have a Ferd and live far away :(

BUT, if you guys planned out something cool I have vacation days to burn and I REALLY wanna put the truck through some trails.

2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Id really like to do something in the rockies next, probably have to plan towards late summer early fall though.

Or just go to moab again cause that was honestly great weather and a great experience, maybe over spring break timing instead so less people.
                willschnitz

Comment

Id really like to do something in the rockies next, probably have to plan towards late summer early fall though.

Or just go to moab again cause that was honestly great weather and a great experience, maybe over spring break timing instead so less people.
                  When is R3v 4x4 trip round 2, we need more people this time with a group site for more fun.
                  I can make it this year for sure. I'll be out of school. Also there are three other r3v members in Boise that got toyotas. So I bet we can get at least 3 of us down there.

I am down to do the PNW or the Rockies (I hate nevada)

Comment

I mean the Rockies makes it super easy for me

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

And we can all sleep on your living room floor ;D

Really tho things like Imogene pass and the area NW of boulder looked fun when I was there early may, but the weather wasn't really appropriate to go up to some of those places.

If its Colorado def leaning towards like Late August, Early September.
                      willschnitz

Comment

If I am not at work I might be able to make such a get together
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

Yeah a lot of that stuff isn’t passable until August.

Comment

Do any of you guys know a couple passes that would be suitable for a full size truck? I've watched a lot of videos of the Imogene Pass, Black Bear, Yankee Boy, etc.. Hard to gauge what a novice would be able to do with a bigger rig..

I'm trying to put together a trip out there next year for the lady friend and I, would love to camp out and just hit trails for a couple days.

Comment

Also interested in full size truck stuff/information.

Truck has a leveling kit and 35's, but I do DD it, so I'd probably ride shotgun with a more daring participant on more extreme stuff.

If it is more like a 3-day trail kinda thing, where you camp along the way, I am down for that too, but it would have to be stuff that a regular full size pickup could handle.

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                                Also interested in full size truck stuff/information.

Truck has a leveling kit and 35's, but I do DD it, so I'd probably ride shotgun with a more daring participant on more extreme stuff.

If it is more like a 3-day trail kinda thing, where you camp along the way, I am down for that too, but it would have to be stuff that a regular full size pickup could handle.
                                Same, my truck is leveled with 35's and is also my daily. If there were trails I could challenge myself without having to worry about fitting where only Jeeps typically go, I'd most certainly be game to drive out from WI.

Comment

Working...
                                X