OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
    Unfortunately the Tacoma still has a dinky engine. The Tundra barely gets it done with its.....
    I've recently test driven 3 different Tacomas and I have to say I agree. It's still a good truck and it has some things I like about it, but it needs more power in a bad way. I just test drove a new Colorado with a Duramax 2.8L and well...it's not even a comparison. 369lbs-ft torque in a small truck. Sign me up.

Comment

^

I had a Colorado the 1st time around with the 3.5 I5 and was not too bad, but that new diesel verity is the only reason I would look into it if I was midsized shopping, my truck truck needs are 3/4 ton and up. Though now the Colorado's are nearly as big in outside dimensions as the 1/2 tons were 2 generations ago its not really that "small" of a truck.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Yeah, the Colorado and Tacoma are the size of my old '94 Z71 that I sold last year. They may not haul like a full size, but they can out maneuver them by far. That's more important to me because it's going to replace my IX for winter duty and I'll have to pull it in and out of my garage every day. I'd really love a GMC Sierra all terrain, but it's much more cumbersome in daily traffic.

Comment

OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

I pulled the trigger after my wife's Buick Enclave almost broke down on a work trip in a thunderstorm. Joined the Toyota SUV club. She doesn't know yet - supposed to pick it up Wednesday. Surprise!

2013 Sequoia Platinum 4x4
          Blizzard Pearl & Redrock
          77k miles

Pics below are of an identical model I drove and almost bought, but it was a 4x2. The one coming is 4wd. I very excite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats man, its a ton bigger than an Enclave so it might take some getting used to, and the fuel consumption might be a bit shocking the 1st few trips to the petrol station compared to what you have been used

Just rolled over 200k on the 80 yesterday on the way back to the house from looking at a chunk of property. Thats 18k miles in 11 months 3 trips across the country,(1 trip form Canadian to Mexican boarder and back 1 from PA to W PA to NW MT) a quick tour of SW UT's national parks, a trip though some very isolated empty parts of ID, and a 8k ish miles in the back country around home. With really nothing in the way of mechanical issues or any real issues to speak of at all. I love this thing.......
            Last edited by mrsleeve; 07-03-2016, 03:19 PM.
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Did a thing in my 2002 tacoma this weekend, isn't all that impressive for a toyota but it's getting there I'm going to drive this thing into the ground or until the frame rusts out from under me.
              -Dee
              5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
              IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Blending right in...

Doing some camping for the weekend.

Tired dog is a happy dog.
                No E30 Club
                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                  Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                  Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    Just rolled over 200k on the 80 yesterday on the way back to the house from looking at a chunk of property. Thats 18k miles in 11 months 3 trips across the country,(1 trip form Canadian to Mexican boarder and back 1 from PA to W PA to NW MT) a quick tour of SW UT's national parks, a trip though some very isolated empty parts of ID, and a 8k ish miles in the back country around home. With really nothing in the way of mechanical issues or any real issues to speak of at all. I love this thing.......
                    Noice.

I too went camping over the weekend but got a ride in a brand new tacoma 4x2 trd off road. Decided to carpool instead of take the LX since it was silly to waste that much gas money to drive myself. I will say the seats aren't that comfortable though. Expected more, I mean they aren't going to be plush leather lounge chairs like my LX, but I expected more after just a few hours you find yourself moving around a bit.

Going to take the LX down to a dealer it's been serviced at before it went to California to print out all the service records and have a multi-point inspection. I know it's few quirks (antenna motor makes noise but nothing happens, and the nakamachi stereo has decided to keep 6 cds hostage and not play them) but besides that I just am wanting all the documents and probably flush all of the fluids before the next expedition. I'll be replacing the stereo with something much better once I decide what I'll spend on my custom storage/bed solution.
                    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

^
                      The mast is likely just broken on the inside and can be pulled out of the motor assembly and and new one put in, since your antenna motor is still spinning when you key on and off. You will likely have to remove the assembly from inside the front fender to accomplish the R&R but its not that hard of a job. Mine broke the last fuel stop on the way home from AZ this spring and I have a new mast stilling on the counter just never gotten around to installing.....

here is a a good wholesale Yota parts outfit to look stuff up on. and your mast

If your on MUD yet there are a couple places that give a good forum discount, that is a bit better better than here on many parts, and that is Miller toyota in Albuquerque and one in ATL.

Exodus: how did the r/c diff oil pan out on your fan clutch, or was it totally shot??

William Pitt-

Comment

Honestly I haven't touched it yet. Just been keeping the ac off on the trails and watching the temp.

I also have a broken antenna. Motor works but the mast is seized, cable is broken, and now the antenna is bent.

I was planning on just swapping it to a whip antenna. Even if I fix it I'll have to keep the radio off on the trails or remember to turn it off... but I'll forget and bend it again lol.
                        No E30 Club
                        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Why not just wire in a "antenna mast switch" for you power unit like the cruiser get from the factory, so you can raise and lower it as needed, and override the auto up and down when key on and off. A lot of guys relable them and use them as in cab winch controls, but you should be able to find one that will fit one of your dash switch knock outs with out too much issue, and I think I saw a write up someplace for splicing one into harness on a t4r not that long ago.

Something like this

William Pitt-

Comment

I think the taco whip antenna is pretty common too...
                            Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                            Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                            Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Yeah it is, lots of 80 guys do the whips when the masts break as well.... The whip is easier and cheaper for sure, and fits the function over form definition. But hey having a switch to make your power antenna go up and down as you see fit is just cool though too.

William Pitt-

Comment

I did a taco whip on my 4runner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X