Paging r3v computer guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paging r3v computer guys

Hey R3V, it's time for me after 10 long years to finally look for a new computer. I went to bestbuy the other day in search the the latest HP desktop computer available today.

I asked the young fellows there and they pointed to one that just by appearance it did look like much and they just weren't to knowledgable with this..

Can you guys help me find the latest HP that can do a bit of everything. That is family friendly, fast, good for gaming, or even projects.

I appreciate any help!!

Build a custom computer, you will get a much better product and still be cheaper. What is your budget and needs?
    2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
    (Daily Driver)
    Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
    KW V2 Coilovers
    VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Not looking to build one I don't have the know how. Looking for a do a bit of everything off the shelf HP. Full upgradable, updatable, fast, can play games or even handle projects from different programs without any difficulty.

I spend about 1k on the last one and it was good for 10 years. Now looking for the latest

Comment

Build one, seriously. Its really easy and it makes for a great computer. Im running a 700$ build, SSD is way to go. Takes about five seconds for my computer to boot.

Comment

I would have said build your own, but that's debunked I guess. I built mine with little to no knowhow without a problem, but I would say one of the HP ENVY models like the 700XT.

I'm due for an upgrade to my CPU and GPU. I've been sitting here with a hexacore 6100 from AMD and a 1GB GTX 650 ti Boost with 8GBs of DDR 3 RAM.

Still handles pretty much all the games I want on Med-High. I'm pretty low maintenance. The CPU cooler that AMD gives you is pretty shit though. Thinking about a watercooled setup in the near future.
          "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
          The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

I still second building one. Literally a 6 year old can do it. It's a great learning experience and in my own account quite fun.

Comment

Originally posted by goarmy View Post
              Not looking to build one I don't have the know how. Looking for a do a bit of everything off the shelf HP. Full upgradable, updatable, fast, can play games or even handle projects from different programs without any difficulty.

I spend about 1k on the last one and it was good for 10 years. Now looking for the latest
              $1000 will buy you some pretty great parts for a custom setup.
              2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
              (Daily Driver)
              Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
              KW V2 Coilovers
              VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Here you go, add a SSD to install windows 8.1 on to and you've got a solid setup.

Best part of building your own is that you can replace things like your graphics card and squeeze another 3-4 years out of it. Even then, your PSU won't need upgrading. It costs less in the long run because you can do a new build and re use a few parts.

This link takes out all the guesswork for you. Although, I would try to go with a 6-8 core processor. Everything else there is solid.

Newegg offers customers an awesome experience shopping for computers, hardware, electronics, networking solutions, and more. Upgrade your shopping experience today!

Even my in-laws who dont have cable and are on a 2mb/sec internet connection are using a home built computer from me.
                No E30 Club
                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

It is also worth noting, that most here aren't going to recommend a brand name computer because they usually look good on paper but use cheap components.

You get much more for your money when you source parts yourself, and by building it you will gain an understanding of repair instead of just throwaway and replace.
                  No E30 Club
                  Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                  Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Working...
                  X