No announcement yet.

The Gaming Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's basically what I'm using. Found out my 3 year old set was causing my massive packet losses. Changed it but made the mistake of putting the new ones on power strips (I know you aren't supposed to).

Got it setup right, played for about an hour today without issue. It was relieving.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I am going through the DOOM SP now and it's absolutely amazing. This is coming from an old school iD fan.

Comment

Have any of you guys looked into Arma 3? Im not going to lie, the realism shooters are starting to look pretty sweet, for me at least, after BF1 was announced.

here is a bunch of game play.

Comment

My Favorite "sim" is Squad right now, although have not played recently because bad internet.
          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

ps4
            black ops 3, war thunder, rocket league.

PC
            kingofchaos.com, tf2

that keeps me busy, when i have free time

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
              My Favorite "sim" is Squad right now, although have not played recently because bad internet.
              Have you tried arma? Why do you like squad?

Comment

Picked up Doom yesterday for xbox one, aside being pissed off for getting a 6GB update on day one before I could play it.. Its awesome. I played the originals when they came out 20 years ago.

Game feels more like Quake 3 Arena in the sense of colours, speed and gore. The combat feels much the same. The only thing I can pick at is the lack of ability to save where you want to and the game is too short.. I played for 3 hours last night and im already on level 4 on hurt me plenty. There is only 13 levels in the game.

But saying that I could easily finish the game and play it again on nightmare and still enjoy it, its so much fun destroying the nests!
                Boris - 89 E30 325i
                84- E30 323i

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                  Squad is still in alpha, but it has great group mechanics on top of a very large campaign. Also seems the debs take players feedback and actually use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                    I feel like ARMA is a pain in the ass to set up, the game runs poorly no matter what your system, and stock arma weapon mechanics are just not my thing.

I like squad cause it takes less then a minute to be in a game, in a squad, running to an objective, and aside from the AK's having laughably unrealistic recoil I like the gunplay more. It also is a lot more fun with the squad gameplay, The only times I don't have fun are where I dont have a mic or I have a silent or bad squad.
                    willschnitz

Comment

I also dabble with Squad - favorite Sim as well.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Going to have to check out Squad I see.

I'm pretty disappointed with my headset right now. I had a Triton AX Pro for 3 years, and eventually the cable started coming apart at the headset. So I decided to go wireless, and bought a set of turtle Beach 500p.

Now a little over a year and the head band snapped.

I just want a quality set of headphones that will last. I don't need a microphone, I have a meteor mic for that. I'm also willing to pay for the quality, which is what I thought I was doing with the 500p.
                        No E30 Club
                        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I think I found my answer.

I already use Logitech for my mouse an keyboard, with great success. Only makes sense.
                          No E30 Club

Comment

Noooooooo, really expensive for what you're getting!

I use the Logitec GS430 which is comfortable and has a metal inserted band that I don't think you're able to snap. It's also 7.1 Surround.

The only thing the G933 has that mine doesn't is DTS: X, which I think is overkill for games, 1-touch sound commands to switch from chat/game/music/whatever and the light features which is novelty.
                            The mics are also the same which are really really clear.

Mine always goes on sale for $40 or so during holidays and on Amazon Prime for $59 right now. I don't really treat mine with respek and it's holding up great. I also use my mic frequently with my friends.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Awesome, thank you!

I love these turtle beaches but yea, disappointed.
                              No E30 Club

Comment

Dont buy headsets, I have gone through at least 3 of them now, Headsets all suck.

Now I have some ATH-M50x's for headphones and about to order an AT2020 mic for my desk.

Believe me getting a good quality headphone and a good quality mic will be better in quality and last longer.

headset mics and audio suck for their prices.
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X