No announcement yet.

The Gaming Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to get a GTX1070 to replace my 660ti. I am excited for the upgrade.
    2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
    (Daily Driver)
    Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
    KW V2 Coilovers
    VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

1070 should be a great card for the price. I would definitely go with that over a 1080.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Im saying fuck money and going 1080 with my x99 build
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

YESSSS my life is complete!
          http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/13/11...ps4-pc-e3-2016

hopefully they drop the android version soon after

Comment

I run a low noise/low fan speed build, so am considering getting a 'Founder's Edition' card, but not too happy about the precedent Nvidia is setting with this early adopter tax. Want to see what their partners come out with in the next few weeks. Also am curious as to how well the just announced AMD 480 will benchmark.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyboy101 View Post
              I run a low noise/low fan speed build, so am considering getting a 'Founder's Edition' card, but not too happy about the precedent Nvidia is setting with this early adopter tax. Want to see what their partners come out with in the next few weeks. Also am curious as to how well the just announced AMD 480 will benchmark.
              Then dont buy a reference card. Shits loud as fuck.
              willschnitz

Comment

Do not get a founders edition/reference card. It will sound like a jet engine under load compared to a good custom cooler.

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                Then dont buy a reference card. Shits loud as fuck.
                This x1000000

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Also am curious as to how well the just announced AMD 480 will benchmark.
                  I forgot all about the RX480. If benchmarks show it running 1440p with no sweat then I'll likely jump on that since it's much cheaper.
                  My Feedback

Comment

As nice as it is to see nVidia drop the 1070 at the price it has, I am way more excited to AMD try and bring the market value back to what it used to be with a $200 price mark card.

All I used to buy where these $200-$300 cards which were a step down from the bigger, top tier brothers. The days of $800+ graphics cards needs to go away.

Besides, if the rumors are true and AMD is going to have a secret up their sleeves for SLI performance gains, and if the maths of what we know about it holds true, 2x 480's at $400 are going to smash a 1070.

Comment

Originally posted by GAbOS View Post

Besides, if the rumors are true and AMD is going to have a secret up their sleeves for SLI performance gains, and if the maths of what we know about it holds true, 2x 480's at $400 are going to smash a 1070.
                      Have given that some serious thought, given the $200 price point for the AMD card. Biggest issue for me is the declining support for crossfire/SLI setups and the fickleness of such a configuration. I have run both dual and single card systems and have always found the single card solution to offer significantly less headache.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Comment

Can't argue with that, Johnny. I'm hoping this secret SLI news is ground breaking.

Comment

I hope AMD gpus and cpus put pressure on nvidia to drop prices, they have had overpriced hardware for too long.
                          willschnitz

Comment

Considering I recently upgraded from my ancient GTX 650ti 1GB to a GTX 980 4GB, I think I'm good on upgrades for a bit. Might bump up my CPU and invest in watercooling, but until I deem it necessary, I'm happy with what my build can handle.

But I'm too psyched for Halo Wars 2, Forza Horizon 3 and a couple of the other games announced at E3. Except Skyrim Remastered. Stupid stupid stupid idea, imo. Why not a Morrowind Remastered or even Daggerfall?
                            "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
                            The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

Have given that some serious thought, given the $200 price point for the AMD card. Biggest issue for me is the declining support for crossfire/SLI setups and the fickleness of such a configuration. I have run both dual and single card systems and have always found the single card solution to offer significantly less headache.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
                              I agree. I will never go SLI/Crossfire. Just one less thing you have to worry about when making sure games work properly.

Comment

Sup fellas.. What's new with games for all of you?. I've been playing Star Ocean.. Always a fan of RPGs

Comment

Working...
                                X