New TG Host thoughts?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • UlrichFennec
    replied
    Originally posted by codyep3
    neither was Clarkson.
    Fun fact, before Clarkson was a car show presenter, he was a video game reviewer.

    Leave a comment:


  • ST1G
    replied
    Originally posted by george graves
    And leave all that money on the table? LOL - You're not thinking like an exclusive producer that is about to be shit canned.
    That's true :drink:

    Originally posted by george graves
    Of course the new show will flop. The show wasn't about cars, it wasn't about the test track, or the interviews (I always fast forwarded)
    Who actually watched watched those?

    Leave a comment:


  • squidmaster
    replied
    I thought I read something about Netflix picking it up?
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/3258...-into-top-gear

    Leave a comment:


  • ohthejosh
    replied
    I keep seeing tweets by those three alluding to some type of collaboration but nothing has been confirmed. So hopefully something is actually in the works.

    Leave a comment:


  • N2MYE30
    replied
    Originally posted by george graves
    It's about 3 bumbling idiots having fun. The background is cars.
    +1. This is why I hope they get another show somewhere else. but I will say the production of the past TG was amazing. Ill watch the new TG just cause its another car show...slim pickins out there for that.

    Leave a comment:


  • george graves
    replied
    Originally posted by ST1G
    Meh, I think they should have let it die.
    And leave all that money on the table? LOL - You're not thinking like an exclusive producer that is about to be shit canned.

    Replacing stars hasn't gone well in the past. (Unless you're a cast member of "Three's Company")

    Of course the new show will flop. The show wasn't about cars, it wasn't about the test track, or the interviews (I always fast forwarded) - it was about those three knuckle heads!

    I can't tell you how many friends I have that don't like cars - but LOVE topgear. It's about 3 bumbling idiots having fun. The background is cars.

    Watch any good documentary(TV or FILM) - and it will never be about what you think it is. It's about people, not things.

    /end rant?

    Leave a comment:


  • Hooffenstein HD
    replied
    Iain Kelly needs the job or better yet, his own show.

    Leave a comment:


  • ST1G
    replied
    Originally posted by squidmaster
    Actually, I think this would have been best-- time for a different series! James May does plenty of other cool shows anyway, and Hammond... well, he's short.

    Exactly. They were just trying to get more money out of the thing before it imploded.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr. Tasty
    replied
    Originally posted by kickinindian
    chris harris is not even a gear head he even said it himself!
    neither was Clarkson.

    Leave a comment:


  • squidmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by ST1G
    Meh, I think they should have let it die.
    Actually, I think this would have been best-- time for a different series! James May does plenty of other cool shows anyway, and Hammond... well, he's short.

    Leave a comment:


  • ST1G
    replied
    Meh, I think they should have let it die.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jb325is
    replied
    Chris Harris, Chris Evans and Rowan Atkinson would be awesome. Matt Farah? Really?

    Leave a comment:


  • ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    They chose the man who has pianos play for his cars in his garage to host top gear... Nice

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Originally posted by squidmaster
    I'd rather watch TG without clarkson. He's a racist, sexist slob that doesn't deserve what he has. No matter who they pick, it can never be as bad as TG:America, so that's fine with me.

    Leave a comment:


  • squidmaster
    replied
    I'd rather watch TG without clarkson. He's a racist, sexist slob that doesn't deserve what he has. No matter who they pick, it can never be as bad as TG:America, so that's fine with me.

    Leave a comment:

Working...