Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I finished my shop's website, take a look!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    Its a shop site so its right in the family looking 10 years old lol.

You are on the right track though. The next step would be making all the menu options one line, no double line options. Then slim it down even further, and have the logo clip over the edge of the picture below it, then Id slim down that photo below it a tiny bit.

That would look pretty excellent.

Add some more neutral backgrounds and etc so the site isnt as polarizing color wise and you would be set.
    I'll be leaving the color scheme at the boss's request, but I did shuffle some things around on the homepage and slim the menu bar/photo some. I'm not too sure how to single-line all the options without going with a really small font, so I'll leave that bit for now as well. I figured leaving the logo in the bar (as opposed to clipping below it) would look a little cleaner, no?
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

I tried something else to "liven up" the look of the site and would like some input: I added some photos to the backgrounds of the home, services, and drivers pages. I can't tell if they cause a bit of visual overload, though. I was thinking maybe something with a parallax effect to reduce the number of photos on "taller" pages, but I haven't gotten it to work right yet. Thanks!
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

Looks good to me!

Comment

ughghgghghg that lotus 41 though, thing is sexy!

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
            Looks good to me!
            Thanks! I've updated a few more things, added some more background images. I'd love to know if it helps or hurts!
            Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
            ughghgghghg that lotus 41 though, thing is sexy!
            Heh, I know. The thing is absolutely gorgeous AND a beast. And the location of the shifter matches my arm perfectly....:devil:

Comment

Working...
            X