Anyone have experience with the groupon "exotic" track experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have experience with the groupon "exotic" track experience

My lady bought these groupon vouchers to drive a F430/F360/Gallardo for 3 laps around a track. I chose the F430, and she's gonna drive the Gallardo. I know it's a short track, has a 6500rpm rev limit, and the cars are automatic, (but I'm kind of getting nervous as Saturday is approaching. I've never driven a car on a track before, but am actually kind of expecting to be underwhelmed if I can't even use the paddle shifters.

What do you guys think of this? I want to autocross my e30 one day, but can't afford to at this point in time.

Pin that shit sideways to the r3vlimiter, it's a rental.
    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

I was asked to instruct by one of those exotic car "experience" clubs.
      They keep you on a VERY tight leash in the corners.
      You're only allowed to open it up on the straights (RPM restricted).
      I wouldn't worry about it too much. Hard to get into trouble.
      sigpic
      1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
      2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

I did this via "Gotham" dream cars. Definitely not worth the standard rate ($350+?) as it's very brief and, as mentioned, short leash.

If you can get a good groupon deal do it, you can at least say you've driven an exotic.

The traction control is on 100% (and the button was removed in the car I drive lol). And the instructor is usually anal and yells at you if you get on it in the corners.
        Pretty exciting to feel the acceleration capable in an awd Lamborghini.

Edit: forgot to mention, DO NOT CLIP A CONE, they will threaten to charge you for body shop fees ($$$$$$$$$$$$$). Ask me how I know..

Comment

considering doing the Vegas experience ones within the next year.
          Anyone have any experience?
          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

I sure as hell loved it!
            I did it for my 25th birthday and I drove a track spec 458.

I think its really important to get a fun instructor.
            I was able to smoke some tires and take the corners a lot more aggressively then the other drivers on the track. Best part was that he encouraged it.
            I lapped a few cars during my session.

Point of advice, dont act like a douche or they will treat you as one.
            All the "bro" types of guys looked like they had a horrible time as I passed them.

Comment

I drove a GT3 and whined that shit out to 8000+
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I too got to drive a gt3, xtreme xperience at willow springs. Instructor was awesome, got 3 laps and pushed it harder than I would've without him in the car- he had me gun it early on the last hairpin exit and just let traction control launch me out.

No need to hold back at all the whole time outside of maintaining distance and they sort out passing by walkie talkie, all the braking points were aggressive, and I went over curbing on the fast section all 3 laps. I was surprised how video game like the car felt, stability stuff working perfect which is necessary for them to let people drive fast.

It was worth the $300 or 350 including video just to have the experience, but the work is done for you and it is not anywhere near the same league of fun as railing your e30 on track with nothing to save you. Even the extra power in the exotic is surprisingly non dramatic as it hits you so smoothly and safely.

Comment

Is that the place where the unwanted wrecked & rebuilt "exotic" cars ended up?

Comment

Working...
                  X