sketchup/CAD advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sketchup/CAD advice

have a little problem on a task at work - I took a CAD class back in college, but that was over a decade ago, and sketchup is giving me fits...

basically I need to create an elevation cross section of MEPF equipment along a garage ceiling.

I made the attached in excel, but its not to scale, and its all just shapes and lines that don't print out correctly - for obvious reasons.

I tried to do it with sketchup layout, but I can't figure out to scale anything in the free version. Obviously I don't want a 24" cross section to actually be 24" tall in a drawing. I wanted to scale it at 1/4" = 1". Also was hoping to get accurate material fill textures for the concrete portions, etc.

Can anyone offer any advice, or do something quick for me via sketchup -> .pdf of the attached?

1991 318is ---230K - DD
    1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
    so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

could you take that excel sheet, copy as picture, paste it on another sheet , Go into page layout to make it fit on paper right, then scale it to 25%?
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I set all the dimensions to actual/4 to get what should scale out to 1/4" = 1" when I format the shapes, but when I print it out, it doesn't scale out right, its off by like a .1"...and even when I add .1" to everything it still prints out off scale

I can get it right on sketchup layout, but I dunno if I'm missing something, but it looks like scaling isn't an option in the free version
      1991 318is ---230K - DD
      1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
      so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Working...
      X