Fixing My Cell Phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixing My Cell Phone

I searched and couldn't find anything pertaining to my cause.

I want to fix my Sony Xperia Z1S.

The local cell phone repair place here said it was a fried motherboard (damn phone is supposed to be waterproof!) and maybe the screen. But they don't know about the screen because they can't get the motherboard to fire up.

Obviously, the guy says it's not worth getting the motherboard replaced since it's about the cost of getting anther Xperia since this is an older model.

Should I just sell it for parts?

It's in pristine shape since I've kept it in a case since day one (or two). I guess I've got a sentimental attachment to it since I really like the phone.

Anyone here know where where to get replacement parts like motherboards for the cheap? I really like the phone....

It looks like it's a cheap enough phone on eBay, which is where I got parts for my phones in the past. If you really wanted to fix it you can buy one with a cracked screen that otherwise works, then get a digitizer assembly, and assemble the two. However, I doubt the phone would be waterproof after such a repair, and as such I'd just buy another one new or used if you really want to keep that phone.

Of course, I'd be tempted to upgrade to a year old model of some sort instead of getting an even older model.

Comment

Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
      I guess I've got a sentimental attachment to it since I really like the phone.
      A smart phone is really not something you want to get attached to these days, considering they're outdated in less than a year...

Just get a new phone. I usually go for the previous year's model once the new one comes out and they're giving them away for free with contract.

Comment

Working...
      X