Just got robbed.. what would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
    It's kind of funny because I had just finished a training seminar about how I'm not allow to carry in the store. Seems obvious, until something like this happens.
    And that's totally because they don't want a hero employee getting shot or worse, multiple customers getting shot because they're caught in the crossfire of a gun battle. That is a huge lawsuit.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

^

They dont want to be sued by the would-be robbers or their families is the largest concern when shot by a "representative" aka employee of Big Corporation USA with deep pockets that will cut a check to keep out of the media.....
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

I agree with not burying your emotions. I did with some things when I was younger and it definitely defined my overall mood and outlook on life, and other individuals. While my story isn't relevant, I would definitely "seek help" if that's what you want to do. Talking to someone does a lot for someone's emotional health when dealing with troubling subjects.
        -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
        -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          As a person that carries a weapon frequently, in your situation as describe I would not have been reaching for mine in my back pocket. Just for the reasons that have been laid out already, you didnt have an chance to have the upper hand, they wanted stuff, so its safer to give them that then it is to try and play hero. A weapon is to defend life not stuff, and while you may have felt your life was in danger, (you would have been justified) in a case like you just had its better to play along until they leave. If they started hurting you or others then its time to take that chance. Getting a weapon is a responsibility and carrying it is an even bigger one and not to be taken lightly.
          At one point they bound my hands behind my back with zip ties. That's when I felt like I should have acted already. Thankfully I'm a skinny fuck and my arms were loose enough to slip out.

It's good to know that even had I had a weapon, and been trained to use it, I'm still better off not using it. I've been playing the situation all over in my head and it helps to hear that there was no other way it could have gone better.

They'd have been stupid to hurt or kill any of us. Their charges would have gone from robbery etc to murder. But there's always that x factor, that something could go wrong etc that you never want to leave up to chance. Right when they came in, my coworker tried to make a run for it out the back door. One of the guys ran after her and dragged her back in by the hair. That's shit that hadn't gone to plan and could have triggered one of them to panic.

There's a lot of things I can't stand about this job and its ethics. I was going to quit at the end of this week and this ended up being a fat cherry on top of a shit pie.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

OP, im not saying get a gun. And start shooting suspicious people , because it is and always will be situational. I live in a fairly rural area. 2,000 ft elevation. Forest. Etc. And few of houses up here have been broken into, garages looted. I was more saying, that just the thought of having a gun can give you piece of mind. Knowing that in a future situation it may prove worth it. Not all robberies like yours are quick and easy. Up here there was a gas station attendant, That got shot for not selling a guy gas with a fake card. He came back later and shot her. I mean, maybe then a gun might not have helped her. Rewind a bit, our house has not been messed with or touched. My pops open carries when he's outside. And if I'm home. I usually have my Glock on me. It does give me peace of mind, knowing if some weirdo breaks into the house at night, or comes by acting weird or tweeking, We have an option to defend ourselves, which does not always mean shooting someone, you just have that option as a lat resort if need be. Like I said, every situation is different, and most employers are complete waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffless when it comes to allowing employees to carry and such. Even my job does not allow weapons of any kind, but when I go out of town, it's the first thing I toss in my duffle. It's cheap insurance for me, im my line of work, and places I work. There are companies around here that allow employees to carry. I also have been around guns since I can remember. Learned gun safety at a very early age. Not for everyone, I would though take some time off though , to just gather your thoughts. And reach out to the counseling person your work provided. They may have insight, as im sure they have helped others in similar situations.

Excuse my grammar in advance

And now that I see, where you said. They would be dumb to hurt you guys. Most criminals simply don't care. People who are desperate will do anything, and are totally unpredictable.

Never leave your life to chance
            Last edited by Matt-B; 09-29-2016, 01:41 AM.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Why TF is that when something bad happens to people they think it's ok to start profiling? I'm not trying to start a pissing match but this is very common for "whites". I had a very close friend confess to me that she was sketchy about black people after having her purse snatched from a black guy. She would say offensive little remarks judging them whenever she saw some walking around as if they weren't normal people.

All color's of people do dumb fucking shit. Just because some "blacks" robbed your store doesn't make it ok for you to start feeling like you should be profiling all "blacks". That's what's wrong with this country. Everyone is so quick to profile and the media is so quick to encourage or reward it.

I have been shot by a group of mexican gang bangers and stabbed by a big black person. Do I have any I'll emotion or profile towards "blacks" or mexicans? Hell the fuck no. Every person I meet regardless of their color gets a chance to show me who they are before I even begin to think of judging them. If I'm in a shitty neighborhood or a place with a reputation, sure I'll be on my shit. Pistol cocked and ready.

Sorry you got robbed. My advice is to take some time off to yourself and go out and be social in diverse areas. Have a few drinks, go play some video games... whatever, just be social and get that "blacks" shit out of your head.

#yesimblack #noimnotthissensitiveinreallife

Comment

^ Dude, take a breath. Revisit the OP and responses, then come back.

Kind of went to the extreme there.
                No E30 Club
                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

When I was 22, I chased a burglar out of my GFs house at 5am. Heard a noise that I assumed was a drunk roommate, went downstairs to find a guy in a hoodie staring at me in the living room. I've never had such a rush. I screamed at him, he ran, I chased after and grabbed a dining room chair to throw at him/have between us in case he turned around and wanted to scuffle. The idiot dropped his cellphone in the backyard on his way out, was arrested hours later....and it was his 4th (yes, fourth) burglary arrest in 3 months.

I didn't sleep well for months, and still wake up very alert anytime I hear anything "go bump in the night."

With that said, there is only so much you can do. Think about this -- those criminal assholes are only two of approximately 380million people in the USA. People suck, but don't let them ruin your world view or sense of security.

Or, go buy the biggest fucking gun you can carry and pray you run into them again. (95% kidding - I'm no fan of vigilante violence).

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                  Sounds like you need a massage.
                  Originally posted by kpeng
                  Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

the fact that you had to mention their race. lol just lol.

if they were two big white dudes how would you feel? Stay away from getting a gun for now because we know you arent mentally ready for one yet.
                    Originally posted by HarryPotter
                    not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
                    Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
                      Why TF is that when something bad happens to people they think it's ok to start profiling? I'm not trying to start a pissing match but this is very common for "whites". I had a very close friend confess to me that she was sketchy about black people after having her purse snatched from a black guy. She would say offensive little remarks judging them whenever she saw some walking around as if they weren't normal people.

Sorry you got robbed. My advice is to take some time off to yourself and go out and be social in diverse areas. Have a few drinks, go play some video games... whatever, just be social and get that "blacks" shit out of your head.

#yesimblack #noimnotthissensitiveinreallife
                      I'm not trying to "piss back" at you but I feel it's necessary to point out that you are stereotyping me by saying I'm reacting this way because I'm white. The world is too PC nowadays and it is too easy to get triggered. But to the point I don't hate black people. The idea of race being a wall between two people who otherwise would be friends is insane. That's why I'm having a hard time with this - because I don't want to have this irrational reaction.

I've been talking with a lot of people about it and one thing that's common is people develop irrational fears. One woman I talked to was robbed by a man in a baseball cap and was subsequently afraid of every man who came in to her store with a baseball cap after that. It doesn't seem to be something I can actively control yet. I try to be thoughtful and on top of my emotions and I'm having a hard time with this one. For me right now, one of the triggers is big black people. Another is people coming up to me with a hand behind their back. Trust me, I'm doing all I can to get this shit out of my head. If I could just flip a switch and go back to normal non-paranoid brian I would. The funny part is I had just quit drinking the week before.

I don't know how you didn't let that stuff bother you. One thing I keep in my head is how cops have to deal with worse shit than this every day and seem to keep it together. Maybe that's why some of them are wired.

But the last thing I need right now is someone attacking the way I feel about this shit when I'm clearly asking for help. I get that no one on here is a shrink. But usually I'm not a dick to anyone on here so give me some of that golden rule.
                      Last edited by Das Delfin; 10-05-2016, 12:07 AM.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Okay here we go. I'm certain if someone was in a similar situation they'd explain it to the best of their ability. The fact these scumbags were black is a part of that. He's not saying "yeah these two black dudes robbed a store, what's new" he's asking for help. If you guys are more concerned over a small detail like that you need to re-evaluate your priorities. It's actually almost sad people get so up in arms over this kinda' stuff. People are way too quick to call out people for profiling and being racist, when in reality nothing in his statement was remotely on that level.

TL-DR stop being dicks and help a brother out. If you don't have anything nice to say to someone who's reaching out for support, shut up and move on because it's not cool to dink with people in that state of mind.
                        -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                        -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

You need to speak to a professional that can work you through the various stages that this will take. It's also a good thing that you are going to leave this job soon enough. This will allow you to leave the business, the robbery, and all of the emotions behind you.

I understand the irrational reactions that you have; when your body and mind are put under extreme stresses the response is buried in a different place in your mind than normal life. It's tough to get that out of there once it's in, that's why you need to seek out the advice of someone that has trained in alleviating this type of problem.

I'd stay away from a gun purchase until you sort out the mental side of things. Once everything is sorted you should get training on the use of a hand gun and then practice shooting at every opportunity. The more training and use you get, the more confident you will be in your own safety and the less likely you'll ever feel the need to pull your weapon in a tough situation. The people who have commented on actual actual gun ownership and carrying in public have a much better understanding of all facets of a weapon and are much more responsible because of it. Don't have that knee-jerk reaction to buy a gun because of the robbery, that would be the wrong response and won't really help you solve the mental side of it.

Comment

Comment

Not looking to create any animosity...but after reading 3 pages of "Conceal and carry" and "racial profiling" and "practicing to draw while watching TV..."

As a Canadian, we may be neighbors but holy SHIT are we ever world's apart.
                              God Speed U.S.of A.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
                              Originally posted by flyboyx
                              i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
                                Not looking to create any animosity...but after reading 3 pages of "Conceal and carry" and "racial profiling" and "practicing to draw while watching TV..."

As a Canadian, we may be neighbors but holy SHIT are we ever world's apart.
                                God Speed U.S.of A.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
                                Lol

OP, I'm not venting towards you. More of a "why does this happen" type of deal. Yes I was throwing you in a pool of white people that I felt were similar. Probably wasn't a good idea.

Again, what you feel is natural after such experience. If I knew you personally I'd tell you to get a hold of your balls and gtf over it. I don't so I can only hint. Being a victim to multiple horrible crimes I know exactly how you feel. It does take time to process. What I'm trying to address is that you should be cautious about everyone. Not just black men. If two white guys ran up and robbed you would you feel the same way?

The best thing you can do is be social and talk to unbiased friends or family. We all have that one racist family member, DO NOT TALK TO THEM ABOUT IT. Lol.

If you want to pm me and pick my brain about my experiences feel free. I'm here for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X