BMW Films - Clive is back at it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW Films - Clive is back at it.

Somebody at BMW decided to recycle the idea - heard it was their best ad campaign ever - so why not, right?

Didn't see anyone start a thread yet, been ~2 weeks since the debut.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

That was good, like the old days
    I think there is a thread with Clive and Ma-dogna produced by Guy Ritchie if i am not mistaken
    that was pretty good as well

linky http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=394554
    Directly above the center of the Earth

Comment

Not a fan. The first movie showcased the raw power and drivers mentality BMW wanted to portray.

It was simple and classy.

The new film, however, seriously lacks depth and may as well have been directed by Michael Bay. As for the car...I see a boat lumbering around semis showcasing BMW's braking ability.

...and reverse tow capacity?...

Add that to the over the top cinematics and you lose the sharp tongue in cheek fun that the first film represented.

Clive was the best part as he seemed to be a relic working in a future he despises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Derek-

Comment

I liked it - esp since you got to figure these aren't cheap cheese ads.

I know the passengers are the guy Rick/The Walking Dead killed & is a real actor, and the blonde I believe is Dakota Flemming - so like previosly either the actors are doing this to either do like mini-indie films for favors to directors, or getting a truckload of greenbacks.

Either way, I liked the flavor of the last set of these, so hopefully they stay creative - they beat the snot out of standard commercials like all the recent Lexus ads.

Madonna was the best one in the last set, liked the "looks like we lost them sir........oh, guess we have to try again" - that line & the 'no hands' & airborne stint were great!

The 'race the Devil' one was worth watching multiple times too, my $.02
        Trejo was great, and MM's cameo was too funny.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Originally posted by LINUS View Post
          Somebody at BMW decided to recycle the idea - heard it was their best ad campaign ever - so why not, right?

Didn't see anyone start a thread yet, been ~2 weeks since the debut.

http://bmwfilms.com/
          Yep, saw it a day or so after it was released. I've been waiting, BMW needed this IMO, I hope it's a sign of things to come.

I dug this, I was excited to hear they renewed it with Clive. It didn't have the feel of the earlier ones, and I hope the next ones maybe go back to basics, but of course they'll need a bit of action, and I hope the driving steps up some too. It was what I expected really, with where they had to go to make this memorable and action packed.

Jon Bernthal - He's a good actor. Is the Punisher in Marvel's new Netflix series/universe, and was Shane in Walking Dead. He was a good fit for this role, especially since he channeled a very Punisher like character. Dakota Fanning - Her and her sister (Elle Fanning) are both pretty damn good young actresses in comparison to most. She didn't really say or do a lot, didn't showcase her acting ability, but she didn't really need to either.

Originally posted by dereliiict View Post
          Not a fan. The first movie showcased the raw power and drivers mentality BMW wanted to portray.
          The first? There were several. I classify them as Early (Pre-Z4), Later (Z4) and now this new series. I assume more will come.

Some of them focused on Clive driving more, and being an expert wheel man, but not always raw power. I personally liked the ones before the Z4 movies as far as story and focusing on Clive's character. Like "The Follow" it's simple, but tells a story. The Z4 movies were more Hollywood but were still very good... remember these are 10 Minute Ads, they are impressive for what they are.

Everyone remembers "Star" with Madonna, and it was a memorable one, but some of the others were up there too. That's the cool thing, with different directors these are meant to have different themes and each have a different feel.
          Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

LINUS! Sup mang?
            I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Working...
            X